DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dashboard indicator lights on my 2002 Intrepid ES start to flicker about every 30 seconds to a minute. The gear indicator (P,D,N,1,2,3), trip odometer, and digital clock start flickering for a second then it goes back to normal.

Is this an indication of a low battery? If it is how much longer do you think I have left?

And once I start the car and if I'm driving a pretty short distance the car won't just go DEAD on me WHILE I'm driving, right?

Otherwise there would be no point in people getting a jump start if the car would just go dead once they started driving!

Thanks for all you input guys.

·
Registered
63 Posts
sounds like a shorted wire somewhere. If it was a bad battery your lights should all stay dim and the car not start or take a while to start. Best way to check take the car or battery to autozone and have them check.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like a shorted wire somewhere. If it was a bad battery your lights should all stay dim and the car not start or take a while to start. Best way to check take the car or battery to autozone and have them check.
The car did struggle a bit to start but that must be because I hadn't started it in about a week. But when I went out then started it again it started normally but the flickering began.

I'm concered that either something will happen on the way to AutoZone or once I get there I'll have trouble starting the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts