DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright..Recently i was involved in an accident that smashed my underhood fusebox and Computer relay assy. These, i know, will need replacing but i'm curious as to which parts need to be R/T specific. Is the limiter part of the TCM or the PCM? My car is an 01 so it's not all one unit. Would parts out of a Police work? I assume they aren't limited either. I'm boosting this and amd looking for pretty good speed so it'd be a shame to buy parts that would hold me at the 118 threshold...gotta keep up with you other R/T drivers :D

·
Registered
431 Posts
Limiter is found in the PCM. Mine was removed when I sent it in to KB for the Opt II flash. :frenzy:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Archael said:
My car is an 01 so it's not all one unit. Would parts out of a Police work? I assume they aren't limited either.
I'm sure it'll work, but it's limited at 136. Yes, I have personally confirmed it.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see.. well that's good to know. From other responces i gather i'll be able to use any 3.5 PCM and have it reprogrammed by Kenne Bell to remove the limiter. I hope their programming won't inhibit my tuning of the fuel maps for the turbo... Guess i'll be on the phone soon :p

·
Registered
431 Posts
My suggestion is to install a 3.5 pcm first to check for compatablility issues with different vins programmed and what-not. If you run into any issues, have the dealership flash or upload a new program it so it will work. Once the new pcm is in working order, send it to KB for the re-flash. There's no sense in sending it to KB for $350 first just to find out you need it flashed by the dealer to get it to work. Then you're out $350!
Once the pcm is working and you have the KB flash, you can then seek custom tuning in the fuel map areas, hopefully without altering the other settings, although I'm not quite sure how to go about doing this.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
The R/T PCM is limited at 149.... or was it 147, I forgot!

My poor ES was limited at 108 before I put in the 300M Special PCM. Tornado season starts in a few months.... It's nice to know I won't have a pesky governor if mother nature decides to chase me again!

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
hardwareguy said:
The R/T PCM is limited at 149.... or was it 147, I forgot!

My poor ES was limited at 108 before I put in the 300M Special PCM. Tornado season starts in a few months.... It's nice to know I won't have a pesky governor if mother nature decides to chase me again!
The R/T has no speed limiter. The cars are aerodynamically limited to ~150. At that speed the engine is no longer capable of overcoming any more drag.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,395 Posts
Anyone want to buy an R/T?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Ronbo said:
i do, but i dont have the money right now.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Police parts will NOT work with your car..... Police started in 2002, the year that SBEC III (single board engine controller, TCM was separate) was phased out in favor of the NGC (next generation controller).

·
Woober Goobers!
49,395 Posts
Just get a loan!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
lol, i wish i could but if i get a loan its gonna be a home loan.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Ronbo said:

Hmmm, I don't see a price my friend. Plane ticket is about $150 to get to you, need a total cost.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the R/T's aren't limited as stated above.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,395 Posts
BcNexus said:
@Ronbo: I want to buy one.
How much cash do you have and how much of that cash are you ready to spend?

Otherwise it's off to cars.com for you or some other site.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,395 Posts
Not selling anything Steve...actually considering a 3rd deal now.

That is if someone wants to cough up the correct amount for one I have now.

Keywords are money, cash...and no bitches with firebirdzx28 in their name.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts