DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Ronbo said:
Not selling anything Steve...actually considering a 3rd deal now.

That is if someone wants to cough up the correct amount for one I have now.

Keywords are money, cash...and no bitches with firebirdzx28 in their name.

LMAO! POS REP TO YOU! :D

--Gorm

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Limiter Schmimiter....I've never gone past 90 anyways. I'm afraid my tires might not take anymore than that! Changing them is definitely on the summer agenda....

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
pfft... sissy...i've gone 140 on belts and flatspots...they'll take it.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
yah!.. and imagine.. owned at ~40 by some lil old lady that thinks it too cold to stop and wait her turn at an intersection...:'(

Had a lil ricer rev at me tonight....GAWD i can't wait to get my trep back

·
Registered
30 Posts
So, if R/Ts aren't limited, are 2001 R/T MotorSports editions also *not* limited to 105 MPH?

@Ronbo: I'm getting the radiator replaced for now on my '95 ES. I'll see how that goes. Probably won't get yours tho. Friends and family have convinced me to buy local. But I was thinking about getting a replacement Trep this Presidents day 3-day weekend and never looking back. In other words, a 2001 R/T MS or an R/T with no regrets.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
The Motorsports came with some tires that are not good at high speed, BUT I think it still got the high speed controller.... which means you can happily bury the needle off the scale with he right stretch of pavement and some GOOD tires.

You'll want at least V rated tires if you plan on fully using this ability. H rated works for me..... 130MPH is fast enough for me for the moment, it's only almost TWICE the limit :devil: The wet/ice handling ability of the Assurance is worth the loss of the ability to do over 130..... traction in the corners is more important than a ludicrous top speed when outrunning the occasional tornado. :eek6:

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Negative: The Motorsports R/T IS in fact limited to 118 like all the rest. Yes, it's because they included the yellow lettered tires that are not rated for a higher speed. Yes 118 is fast enough to be fun. The MS R/T and for some odd reason i think it was Popolz R/T...i can't remember who's it was exactly are the only R/T with a speed limiter. The only reason i'm really trying to nail it down and be unlimited is because of the pile of Turbo parts in the corner of my bedroom...i do NOT want to hit the limiter and the computer cut fuel under boost...not ot mention getting to 118 quickly being only HALF the fun of a turbo car. I wanna go FAST! :D

21 - 32 of 32 Posts