DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to fill up with when you go to the pumps and why? mainly interested in which brands everyone is using and the results there getting from those brands. and a good discussion topic IMO :smileyvault-newhere

·
Registered
601 Posts
I usually get it from Kroger since it is cheapest, but if its out of my way then just wherever really.

My dad always told me to not get gas when you see the tanker truck at the station, because you could get sediments which are stirred up. Anyone else do the same thing?

·
Registered
835 Posts
I usually get it from Kroger since it is cheapest, but if its out of my way then just wherever really.

My dad always told me to not get gas when you see the tanker truck at the station, because you could get sediments which are stirred up. Anyone else do the same thing?
I do the same thing!

For gas I get what ever is cheapest, 89 Octane for the 3.5 HO.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I used to run only 87, and the cheapest crap.

But now I always use Kroger (I usually have about $.30/gallon) b/c its shell gasoline now.

I also only run 89. The car just seems to run smoother on it

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah good luck with that lol

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Kum & Go with Premium 91 non-eth or 87 non-eth, moslty

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
I would run 87 and fuel up at Pilot. If I could get it to run on methane, then my mileage would be out of this world, but feel sorry for the poor folks behind me :D

Of course if I do not think I will be able to make it to Pilot, I get enough fuel in town to get to pilot. I am not scared of the fuel that is in town, it is just that Pilot is closer to the Highway / Future Interstate..

·
Registered
715 Posts
I used to run only 87, and the cheapest crap.

But now I always use Kroger (I usually have about $.30/gallon) b/c its shell gasoline now.

I also only run 89. The car just seems to run smoother on it
Kroger uses BP gas, they struck a deal with shell to offer 10 cents a gallon off. i can't speak for all kroger stores in all markets, but here in north central indiana i've seen the same trucks delivering to kroger and BP.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Kroger uses BP gas, they struck a deal with shell to offer 10 cents a gallon off. i can't speak for all kroger stores in all markets, but here in north central indiana i've seen the same trucks delivering to kroger and BP.
That's funny because there is a BP just down the road from my local Kroger, and it is always so much more expensive. I guess the brand just helps to make some people feel warm and fuzzy inside.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
87 all the way, I'll sometimes go for 89 or 93 on a long trip, pretty much for alittle better gas mileage....but with the prices the way they are as of late, the mileage savings usually doesnt justify the price.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I did a lot of research into this for my Dodge Intrepid 2000 2.7L V6. Chevron is currently the best in gas in the market. 2nd class are 76, and Mobil. Regards to Shell, they used to be the top of all gas companies but now, Arco is supplying their gas due to recession and using the same quality of gas. So if you are going to choose which is better Arco or Shell? I would go for Arco because it is cheaper and they use the same gas as Shell. For octane rating, I use the regular gas 87. Using premium wont cause any differences. (I know they said it release less waste product but it is not recommended according to the Dodge manual and it could weaken engine performance).

·
Woober Goobers!
50,607 Posts
Gas is gas...I use whatever is the cheapest or closest to wherever I need to fill up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts