DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me, it goes something like this. I've wanted to own a car for most of my life, and I got more and more persistent in to buying one, as I eventually got a job and my learner's permit. I'd been searching for something that I would want to get. I did a lot of searching, but up until then, I'd mostly pursued 5.0 Mustangs. I realized that a friend of mine, his parents had just gotten a new Sebring, and as such must have been selling off their 94 Intrepid ES (the thing was fully loaded, and taken good care of, my friend's dad is a car guy). Unfortuantly, they'd sold it a few days before I asked my friend about it. But, I still had Intrepids on my mind when my mom noticed that the local Chrysler dealership had a used 95 Intrepid. It was only the base model, but at least it had the more powerful engine. So, we go check it out, take it out for a test drive (strangely enough, it was my dad who did all the driving). We decide we like it, and also decide to buy it. It was actually my parents who bought it. I bought it off them several months later, when my licence was upgraded to the point where I could drive by myself.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I hate body styles of most of the newer cars. I had an 89 Silverado (1.5 cab and 8' bed) that was on its last leg (only a few miles, something like 325000 miles on it :eek: ) and I didn't want another full size truck.

A friend of mine had a 94 ES and I liked the body of the car along with the taillights. For some reason the taillights of the intrepid (first and second gen), they seem very vibrant to me.

So I did some looking around and some homework and found out that the 94 ES was in my price range and,,, it had the Dodge Prowler 3.5. That sold me and I got the car. I didn’t find dodgeintrepid.net until I had the ATC unit start acting up on me.

The body style of the 3G and up looks Ok, but I can’t stand the back end. So I think this is going to be the only Intrepid I’ll own.

P

·
0 Posts
was gonna buy a new car but mom decided to go to a used car lot...say the intrepid and test drove it...liked the way it handled and the look....then drove a neon and hated it....fell in love with the intrepid and bought it that day

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
because the car is 100% style. I thought it was the most beautiful car ever. Plus it was a full-size, lots of luggage room, and lots of power for the size. (even with the 3.3L) I test drove at least a dozen first gen treps before betting this one :) She was perfect :)

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I bought mine because I totalled my '78 Cutlass on the expressway. If the balljoint hadn't snapped and caused the accident, I would still be driving that today.

·
Registered
368 Posts
94 LHS, beautiful looking, huge interior (our family is full of big people), luxury appointments. I have been looking for a modern-looking reasonably-priced family sedan that wasn't a GM product (I don't care for styling of buicks and olds from around the early to mid 90'). I can't afford any comparible import cars (lexus, acura, infiniti, etc) from the same vintage so the LHS was the best choice. My wife saw it and fell in love and when we opened the truck, she was "we have to own it".

·
Registered
104 Posts
Actually the car is my wife's, but I persuaded her to get one. My parents had a 96 Concorde (same thing, but fancier!). I have been a Dodge nut since they started redesigning in the early 90's. My wife was brought up with GM products, and had never ridden in a Chrysler before. Her and my mom went shopping one Saturday morning and mom drove. My wife came back and said that she wants a car like that, but not that particular make and model. I told her about the Intrepid, and informed her that the Trep was the same thing, but not as fancy. We went the next weekend we test drove one and fell in love with it. She has had it for 2 years...oh yeah, its a 97 3.5.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I wanted something with an R/T on the side.......the Dakota was nice, the Neon was ho hum but the Intrepid was a lot of car for the $$$. I got a great deal and it has more power and style than any other car I looked at!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I bought the intrepid because it's a 2002, its white, it had 8700 miles on it, its a 3.5, it looks great and it was only $12,000...how could I have passed it up?

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
I rented one while I was out in California on business. What a difference overall between an Intrepid and my old Civic EX.

I ended up buying the Intrepid about 5 months later... after I bought my 1br co-op and I scored an indoor parking spot 2 months after moving in.

·
Registered
120 Posts
It was offered to me by my girlfriend's father. I found DI.net and found out how cool the Trep was, then I had to have it.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
94 LHS,
When my family grew to 4 of us I had to sell my beloved 95 Ram Sport. Too bad it was a reg cab with a stick.

Shopping for a car with more seating. I looked at mid 90's Luminas, Intrepids, New Yorker, Ext cab trucks, then I saw an all black LHS with dark windows on the lot.
The deal was done.
Saftey was a big concern and she looks pretty classy too.
To this day I still get compliments on her. Not many 9 year family cars would do that.

·
Registered
189 Posts
as in Zaphod Beeblebrox I presume....hey Hecubus, congrats on starting out with one great car...I fell for the Intrepid the first article I read about them...just knew I would have to have one someday...looked at them at the car show and really flipped then (I really liked that black Vision TSi)...finally got my bucks together and bought my first one in 96...a white 3.5 w/ the color matching wheels...I put dual exhaust on it within a month after I bought it (I just can't take a quiet car)...It had room for me (6'3'')...room in the back for my kids(they were younger then)...ran great and handled exceptionally well for a car this size(I dig the curvy road thing)...sadly, only a year or so later,my divorce forced me to file bankruptcy and I had to give up my car...but after some tough sledding for a while and driving a couple of beaters til I got on top of things, I went hunting for another one...(car and wife actually)I met my new wife to be online, but she lived in New York City...I knew I needed a road car, a highway cruise missle...I found my 95 3.3 at a local used car dealer and have been rolling the wheels ever since. The "Bat-Taxi" has been back and forth to NYC more times than I can count...New Hampshire, Albany NY, Connecticut,(all her relatives) Niagara Falls,Ohio,Pennsylvania (our honeymoon) Kentucky, WestVA and OBX North Carolina...plus her daughter attends college at New Haven CT...The "Taxi" (as it is affectionately referred to around here) has 167K on the clock now and only uses about a qt between changes...and still blisters highways on a daily basis...its no 1/4 mile rocket, but it'll cruise all day at 85 without breakin a sweat...actually I think it could handle more than that, but anywhere over 85 I think the vacuum must drop to low to work the a/c ducts, cause the air stops coming out...you can still hear the fan running but no coolie...slow down and it comes back on. oh well, guess I'll just have to do my top end runs in the wintertime!...hope you love the new wheels, and stick with these guys here...they can give you all the info you'll ever need...Long Live D.I.net!

·
Registered
381 Posts
my wife dad and step mom went with us to buy a new car i had a 89 honda prauld it was falling apart i like some of the trucks i seen but my wife lay the law down she was going to pick the car seening her step mom and dad were buy it for us to pay back so picked out the intrepid but the funny thing is we did not drive it till after we sign all the papers and i had nothing worng it i learnd to love it my wife doeas not have a driver lic so i had to drive it i found this site i think after a women hit me and did over 5G in damge to the car hti me on the drive door doing 45 you could say i was stop seening i was going thur the green light now the car is fixed and i still love it only payed 6500 for it had 75,000 on it in under a year i now got 105830

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
I purchased my 00 SE after I rented a 1999 SE out in Nevada.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I decided to buy mine one day after work. Nothing worse than leaving work after a hard day and seeing the words

SOCCER MOM

scrolled across the rear window of your mini-van. The van was gone with-in a week. The Trep looks much better and still has the room I need, plus no more soccer mom comments

:)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts