DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I cannot decide on what head unit to get.
I want something that is ready for upgrades [im not going for A/V, just good audio] But the deck is the first perchase in a series.

After I get a new deck, I'm looking at getting 2 subs and 1 amp [for now] and building my own custom sub box. then later on ill get 2 amps [or more] and upgrade my electrical, etc. etc.

But I have a 1'st gen with a crappy daewoo aftermarket CD head unit [so its already set for single din size] and want a CD reciever to replace it that will take me far and last.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
the pioneer deh-47 1.5 din head unit is simply awesome. it has a volume knob, which i love (hate buttons), plenty of power, 45x4, and is loaded with features. i don't see why you couldn't take the 1.5 to 1 din adapter out of the dash and use a 1.5 din. if you're set on a 1 din, my roommate has a nice pioneer, unsure of the model, that is also 45x4 but doesn't have nearly as many features. i don't like alpine, i think they're overrated. jensen, kenwood, sony Xplod are all second rate compared to pioneer.

·
Registered
167 Posts
yeah i got the pioneer deh-p47dh head unit and i love it. My friend has the Pioneer Premier DEHP-730. That unit is one that has the diferent "screen savers." I must say that it is one awesome unit. I paid 180 for my unit and you can get the DEHP-730 for like 350. a lot of dealers seem to be for pioneer for thier quality and performance.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Yes i think you should gop with pioneer since i have the deph 730. The one with the city that spins , and the fishes. this headunit is awsome and it has a built in equalizer and sub controls that are awsome.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm debating on getting that AutoPC From Clarion.. I think it'd be cool to tell your car where you want to go and have it guide you :) and make cell phone calls with voice activation and dialing along with numerous other features like mp3 playback and others.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
yeah but bottom line it's still a clarion.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
if you want the nicest brand deck for the money go alpine. its the rolls royce of CD players. most of them come xm band ready. you want something a little cheaper i would go panasonic or clarion. ive got a panasonic and i love it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts