DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I ran out of Armorall for my car, thats what I use to make the tires shine. Is there any household products that would bring up a shine to my tires? I tryed Windex it didn't work at all, I didn't think it would work. Any ideas? Also any ideas about how to pull a small dent out of the drivers rear door?

Here is a picture of the dent.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Vaseline in a petroleum product, and will destroy rubber.

I suggest you go buy some eagle 1 tire shine.

Take the inside door panel off and with the window up, push the dent out with your thumb....carefully. Rub it out gently, rather than one big push. And wear a glove.

·
Registered
699 Posts
[sarcasm] peanut butter works pretty sweet to shine the tires, the oil from it really makes it shine better than eagle one! [/sarcasm]

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Dodgaholic said:
Vaseline in a petroleum product, and will destroy rubber.

I suggest you go buy some eagle 1 tire shine.

Take the inside door panel off and with the window up, push the dent out with your thumb....carefully. Rub it out gently, rather than one big push. And wear a glove.

Thanks for clearing this up! Like he said, no petroleum oil (mineral oil)! It will cause your sidewalls to crack.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Brake fluid works also, but really messy if you get it on the wheels.

regular Armour All is crap for tires. Lasts about a day and is a dirt magnet.
By a tire gel that you apply with a foam applicator. Meguires Endurance is very good, and the shine lasts for about 4 weeks per application.

·
Registered
931 Posts
And if you did resort to brake fluid. Don't get it on your paint.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well first of all i just want the shine to last till i get pictures tooken witch usaly is like 20 min after i wash the car... No matter what kind of tire cleaner i put on there it's gonna get dirty and not last for 30 minutes if i take it out on the road.. I live on gravel roads.. i want to get some of the tire shine from Meguires somtime soon....

·
Registered
148 Posts
spaz_boy31 said:
And if you did resort to brake fluid. Don't get it on your paint.
That includes stuff that slings off the tire while you're driving. I think some stealerships use this trick occasionally, but don't try this at home kids.

Check Big Lots, some of them have Megs Endurance in stock for $3 or $4 lately. Not bad stuff, decent durability and it gets shinier with a second application.

·
Registered
19,561 Posts
My good friend and DI.net member fiXXer thinks I'm crazy because whenever I put a fresh coat of tire shine on I refuse to come over to where he has a dirt driveway. You know, when your tires come out looking like battered fried shrimp. He just laughs and shakes his head...

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
spend the 3 dollars or whatever it is and buy some tire shine... when you try to take the cheap way out, your results are just that... Cheap looking!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Check Big Lots
only place i buy car care stuff, it's so cheap but you have to make sure the stuff you buy isn't old.

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
x_00trepes_X35 said:
Umm if your too broke to buy $3 tire shine I think you need to re-direct your priorities.
If you just need the shine for long enough to get a good pic then "home remedy" sounds okay. For longer use, gotta spend da cash.

Peanut butter??????? Hell man! All the squirrels in the neighborhood would be all over my ride!!! :cussing:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts