DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, nothin' big but I think it's a little interesting. Just wanted to tell everyone what I've seen in Chryslers lately.

I have seen two Masaratti edition Chrysler LeBaron's, they were in about a 20 mile proximity in the Bay Area and assume it could have really been the same person. I'm not a LeBaron guy but I thought it was pretty neat.

Haven't really seen any but all of a sudden I have seen 3 Intrepid ES' with 2.7L engines, you can tell by looking at the exhaust. Yes, there were 2.7L ES 1998+ Treps, not many but there were some made. I'm not sure, these may have had to have been custom ordered from the factory. I'm not sure if they still do it though.

I'd like to know if any of them came with Autostick or that option.....? A 2.7L with Autostick wouldn't be too bad.......

Later guys......

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Almost positive the 2.7l Intrepid ES's came with autostick the first couple of years of the 2nd Gen body style. Not completely 100% positive, but almost sure.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Just to make a point:

The cars you saw are called "TC By Maserati". Lebaron is not found anywhere on, in or under the car. :)

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
LHSer said:
Just to make a point:

The cars you saw are called "TC By Maserati". Lebaron is not found anywhere on, in or under the car. :)
yup, I can't beleive they sold any of those overpriced "unmarked" Lebaron's. Goes to show that you slap an expensive name on a cheap item, it'll sell to a couple saps. There's a sucker born every minute.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well unfortunately I didn't get that close to em' to see that but I just saw Masarati and knew it was really a Chrysler, least looked like one.

Yeah, Volvo did that too a while back with Masarati, pretty funny looking "chopped' version of the Volvo coupe.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
That TC came with the TIV VNT motor and a 5 speed or the oil burning 3.0L and an auto. It had a removable hardtop and is only slightly differentiable to a LeBaron convt. Some people are holding on to these cars like they will be worth something someday. Makes me laugh. If my Spirit ain't worth ****, who the hell would think that thing would be?!?

:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts