DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is a 1941 Dodge sedan.

my best friend's dad wanted to get an antique car for a toy, and he found one at Country Classic Cars in Staunton IL. my buddy invited me to go along with them on the trip down (about a 2 hour drive) to pick it up. His dad let me drive it for about 45 minutes on the return home.

Straight 6, three on the tree, suicide doors and it was restored to almost new condition. Engine had a lot of blowby, and they ended up replacing it several months later.

we pretty much turned everyones heads as we drove back on the back roads.

AJ

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
my dads 2005 Lotus ELise...got it up to 130 mph in like 9 sec...great car...to bad we rolled it

·
Registered
715 Posts
:frenzy: Uhm...theres lot, i dont even know where to begin.

anything from a 1999 911 Twin Turbo, Jags XK-8's M3, M5's, Rolls Phanton II, to a Model A(1930), and model T(1919).

the vast cars i have driven, is because of a dealership i worked at in HS, and my High School GF's Grandfather was a car collector.

If i had to choose it was a Bugatti!!!! Hell freakin yeah!! I want to say it was an Atlantic. I looked it up to make sure. And it was/looks just like the Bugatti 'Atlantic' 57

(this isnt his)

Granted i only drove it maybe 10 miles....it was freakin GLORIOUS!!!! i just wish i would have gotten pics of it. i know i have some at home. :( but the memories of all the cars i have driven just put a huge smile on my face!! :gross_07:

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
'55 Phantom IV
'84 Silver Spur
'60 Silver Cloud

Many, many more. I used to work for Bud Paxson, founder of Home Shopping Network, and PAX TV, who is an avid collector of Rolls, Bentleys, and Exotics. He lived in Bellair just south of here then, before moving over to West Palm on the other coast. His house was built by Donald Robeling, the architect of the Brooklyn Bridge. I moved his cars around to different shows. Even got to drive a Rolls limo for about 5 miles once. I was so friggin nervous, you couldn't have drove a nail up my ass with a sledgehammer.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Over the summer i drove a 99 dodge viper rt10 for a few km to aim the lights LOL.. Ill be seeing more of that car around retro time.... over the summer.

I did get to move a 96 lambo diablo vt around the shop LOl... other than that its mostly common cars which i used to "promote" for mosaic like the charger srt8 and 300c srt8 which were the nicest ones next to the viper srt10 which the kids werent allowed to touch.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
call me a redneck, but the most interesting car I've driven was this beat up old jeep:

It was soo fun. Plowing through cornfeilds at 60 MPH and mudding the heck out of it. We flipped it on its side by accident, flipped it back over and drove off. That thing is a tank.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
hehe 911s are soo nice.. i think the roof rack idea is soo cool... they have little flaps that open up. The saddest thing i saw was a junked 2002 m5 motor, broke my heart as the junker took it away.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Ummmmm, I drove some dude's 300C, asked his driver to give me the keys to his '04 Viper but his driver was afraid that starting it up in the driveway would wake up his boss. Gave me the 300C keys instead and $50 to go get a bunch of big mac combos at Mcdonalds.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
was this some random person Rob??? LOL

I work for an auto body shop and thats how i get these retro jobs LOL otherwise i would never be allowed near those cars HEHE....

ITs some asian shop and the ppl there are so jokes. Theres me and some Jamaican guy that get to move the cars around.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Owner of Atto insurance..........my sister's boyfriend's boss. :p

He gets to take the Viper out like twice a week too :eek: I might get to drive the Team Atto Cascar Charger at some point next year :)

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
JLWX5 said:
My dad wants one of those so bad. I think hes actually serious about trying to find one in the states.

Josiah

There all over ebay...my dad bought it brand new on ebay...flew to new jersey and drove it all the way back to south carolina

·
Registered
715 Posts
Treppin99 said:
I would kill to drive a 911 Turbo (you bastard) or a Viper, but oh well.
Ohh it was freakin sweet!!1 but unfortanly i have never been able to get my hands on a Viper to take for a ride :( i have been wanting to do that since they came out. although i finally got to sit in one this past summer at the International Meet!!! i fit like a perfect glove!!!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
The 91 cavalier. My first car and I messed with that thing so much. Jumped it on my freinds dirt track when I was somewhat drunk. That was a rough ride. Broke the exhaust but just kept going and started doing shitties in the yard.

Riding in whiteyfromchat's 68 vette. That thing was just plain awsome. The sound that thing made was just amazing. Not only that but the 68 and 69 vette is my favorite year of all of them. Wish he would of let me drive it! :D

·
Registered
931 Posts
I guess I'll add to this... even though I don't think that any of the vehicles that I have driven are really that interesting, I have driven a fire engine (moved it from the shop to one of the garage bay's in the station, basically across a parking lot) and a large charter bus (this was in Scotland mind you, the bus driver let me move it from one side of a parking lot to the other). Other fun vehicles were a blown 93 cobra putting about 550hp down at the wheels, a 71 chevy blazer swamp machine, and a 71 olds 442 convertible.

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
Good friend of mine had a 67 Mustang Fastback. Had the 289 engine in it, and was overall in horrible shape. Still, a fun ride :) 4 wheel drum brakes lol

One car i'll never forget was our 87 Taurus. 5 Speed manual with a 4 cyl engine. I know, it ain't no lotus, or bugatti, or anything, but i got to go with what i can get my hands on :D

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
iggy said:
The 91 cavalier. My first car and I messed with that thing so much. Jumped it on my freinds dirt track when I was somewhat drunk. That was a rough ride. Broke the exhaust but just kept going and started doing shitties in the yard.

Riding in whiteyfromchat's 68 vette. That thing was just plain awsome. The sound that thing made was just amazing. Not only that but the 68 and 69 vette is my favorite year of all of them. Wish he would of let me drive it! :D
I don't see 'riding in Avenger's Intrepid' listed Adam :icon_razz

1 - 20 of 59 Posts