DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure what this is. cause for concern??? it is at the front of my 3.2 plenum. not sure what fluid would be circulating in there, but something is obviously leaking. TIA

--rudy--

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Its an "Intake Manifold Tuning Valve" for the Upper intake air plenum, theres an O-Ring behind the valve, you will have to replace that, (VERY VERY VERY SIMPLE JOB DUDE!), ;)<diconnect the negative battery post on the tower on the pass. side on the fire wall, and disconnect the connector from that valve, you will need to slide the red lock on the connector, and then pull gently on the connector, then Just remove the 2 bolts (10mm), pull the valve straight out, and pull off old "O"-Ring, clean area , and valve with a spray (either "Carb+Choke Cleaner"--GUNK---, or break cleaner, ), and dampen the new "O"-ring with a light touch of clean engine oil, install "O"-Ring on to valve then install valve straight foward, and install bolts, lightly tighten both bolts, then re-tighten (not tooo tight-since its a plastic body---BE CAreful not to over tighten, or you will break the unit, or damage the threads on the manifold it self, reconnect the harness connector, lock it by sliding the red tab to the lock position, check by pulling on the connector it self to see if its securely mounted, and wont come off by it self, then re-install the negative battery post, and start vehicle, and let it run til its up to Proper operating Temperature, that should do it dude, ;)

I dont have a part number for the O-Ring, maybe some can chime in, and list it, and maybe dropp some more knowledge on this situation you have going on with the leak. ;)

Luie

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
fuel, air, Oil from PCV-Valve, and what ever stuff you put in to the gas, and airfilter. hope this helps you, ;)

Luie

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I would take it to napa or a machine shop, and see if they can match it, "automotive engine use, hi-temp",

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,841 Posts
mlkmgr said:
anyone have a part # for this?? or could i use a "universal" o-ring??
This is oil from the PCV system. They have a bad habit of collecting oil in the plenums, and it seeps out the lowest point, the MTV valve.

I would just order the O-ring from the Dodge dealer. It might cost $2 but it will save you time and hassle of trying to match it up, or go to 5 different auto parts stores trying to find it.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i called the dealer and he said he could not find a listing, but his internet was down and would get back to me if he could find anything. no response today, hopefully tomorrow. will wait and see...

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
called the dealership today and they have no listing for an o-ring. said i would have to buy whole new unit at $140. i took everything apart and reseated the o-ring and tightened it down as much as i could, so it may last. i will check auto parts stores, but if i cannot find one, do you think one from a junk yard would work??

·
Registered
300 Posts
Where is the leak? I don't see anything wrong in pic... maybe mine is just like that too. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts