DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get connection time outs... connection refusals.. and then if I get a timeout and I go back to try to sumbit something, it tells me a duplicate thread exists, even though there *isn't* after I refresh the page...

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Phrozt said:
I get connection time outs... connection refusals.. and then if I get a timeout and I go back to try to sumbit something, it tells me a duplicate thread exists, even though there *isn't* after I refresh the page...
Maybe it's a midwest geographical area thing. I'm in the Milwaukee Wis. area and occasionally it takes forever to upload a response to a thread. btw my ISP is SBC. your's ?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Treppenwolf said:

Yep.. I'm clearly not the only one that it happens to. The network admin said he had a fix for it, but it still happens...

and if you look, that thread is from november of last year...

I know it's not because of mass posts, because I've seen vBulletin boards that are WAAAY bigger and a lot more active that this one... there's gotta be another problem.

Board ISP maybe?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
both

·
Registered
208 Posts
I had the same problem with a thread I tried to create.

I am in the Midwest as well, although I doubt geography could be part of the problem.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Phrozt said:
Yep.. I'm clearly not the only one that it happens to. The network admin said he had a fix for it, but it still happens...

and if you look, that thread is from november of last year...

I know it's not because of mass posts, because I've seen vBulletin boards that are WAAAY bigger and a lot more active that this one... there's gotta be another problem.

Board ISP maybe?
Actually there have been a dozen threads started on this subject, but I linked to that one because it seemed most discussed there. One thing I haven't seen is the number of those on dial-up that have this problem versus those using DSL or highspeed cable. I have dial-up and have the problem more often than not. Maybe those on DSL or cable will chime in here.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
No Probs on T3...(100.0 Mbps,currently)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.