DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I am getting ready to paint my Vision. The paint on the roof is faded and I am gonna just re-do the whole car. SO I ma cruising through a parking lot and I see another Black Vision TSI with the pain bad in the same places... This is the third one like this I have seen Is there a known issue with the paint on these cars?:hmmm:

·
Registered
638 Posts
Not that I'm aware of. My 93 Vision's paint was perfect, even with all the rain and salt water here. It's only when my brother started driving it and scratching it up with shopping carts and what not that it looks like crap now. The color still looks okay though. Has your Vison been garage kept?

·
Registered
638 Posts
94EGLTSI said:
no it has been abused by Carolina sun
Ouch. Yeah that'll do it. Some people have gone as far as to have a UV/clear coat sprayed on. It really helps to take the edge of the sun's effects.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
The clearcoats on the early cars were really crappy. I wouldnt be surprised if there was a recall on it at some point. Mine is doing the exact same thing and its going really bad at this point. I guess that I just have to wait a little longer to save up the money to get it paint.
btw, I've noticed that the black intrepids are doing it as well, its just really the black color that makes it stand out a lot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts