DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to see what kind of mileage other people are getting to see if somethings wrong with my car.

So if anyone has a average mileage on their compass thing. What are you getting on average for city driving on a tank?

Last time i checked i think i was getting like 17 mpg
or 16L/100

·
Registered
530 Posts
Mr

I get about 19 mpg city with my 3.5L but city driving sucks around boston. I get about 25 mpg on average

·
Premium Member
15,510 Posts
on the open road i get a honest 33MPG,, around town around 22-25, and thats with the "dirty 2.7" :smilie_pc

·
Registered
472 Posts
97 3.5 been averaging 22 MPG lately. Half town & half shourt country trips, been opening up the throttle at least twice a day in the 6000RPM range though during the country trips. My new job is on the BEST cruising road ever, smooth pavement, winding bends and a few little hills.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
with 50/50 city/highway, I average around 23........ I've ogtten as high as 26 pure highway driving

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Comparing each other's city mileage will not tell you anything.
The range will be huge due to all our different driving styles and the layout of your city.

Ex. My city has long 1 way street with synchronized lights. If you stay close to the speed limit you will hit all greens through the city. Any other street has you stopping at reds every 1000'.
Some cities such as Brampton where our cars were made, they have 80km/hr speed limits on alot of roads, meaning you get to spend some time in overdrive, where our cars get decent numbers.

Even highway, we must compare mileage at what speed.

When I drove from Ontario to Florida. I got relatively poor mileage 27-28mpg because I was driving fast. 130km/hr average.
Smaller highways like up Northern Ontario where you drive 90-95km/hr on a 80km/hr limit. I can get 32-34 mpg at those speeds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.