DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what little things (not major repairs etc) bug you the most about a car.

What bugs me the most are annoying noises such as squeaks, rattles and windnoise when inside a car. I usually put my groceries in the cargo net in the trunk just so I don't have to hear the plastic bags and cans moving around when I turn a corner.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I'm driving my moms 1998 Avenger right now and I can fill up this thread with little complaints:

1. I can just barely touch the brake pedal when im wearing work boots because im too tall
2. There is this damn buldge in the door panel that hits you in the shoulder unless you sit perfectly
3. said buldge also makes it hard to rest your left arm on the door panel when your driving
4. the seats are as flat as particle board
5. when you pull the lock down to adjust the steering wheel, the wheel freefalls about 2 inches and hits your kneecap (always fun to watch someone whos never driven it before do that lol)
6. ugly ass orange gauges, but those are green now
7. the high beams really suck
8. SUV's have a tighter turning radius
9. the cars a ****ing rattlebox

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Ohhhh, haha. Here we go.
1. Damn glove box handle rattles constantly.
2. Vinyl is seperating from drivers door.
3. High maintainence engine
4. Brake dust (constantly cleaning wheels)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm driving my moms 1998 Avenger right now and I can fill up this thread with little complaints:

1. I can just barely touch the brake pedal when im wearing work boots because im too tall
2. There is this damn buldge in the door panel that hits you in the shoulder unless you sit perfectly
3. said buldge also makes it hard to rest your left arm on the door panel when your driving
4. the seats are as flat as particle board
5. when you pull the lock down to adjust the steering wheel, the wheel freefalls about 2 inches and hits your kneecap (always fun to watch someone whos never driven it before do that lol)
6. ugly ass orange gauges, but those are green now
7. the high beams really suck
8. SUV's have a tighter turning radius
9. the cars a ****ing rattlebox
I know exactly what you mean!!! My mother has a 98 Chrysler Sebring LXi (Coupe exactly like the Avenger) and every one of your complaints are 100% true. After having my Trep for so long, I feel physical pain when I sit in the hard seats... One other complaint I have about that car is the brakes. They're waay too sensitive. You barely tap them and the car comes to a screeching stop. I'm done now... lol

·
Registered
300 Posts
The placement of the alternator on the 2.7 and the placement of the mother friggin battery... WHYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why would you do that with a battery that was a big joke when they were designing the car i guess.

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
I really bugs me that the gas tank is so little! I wish it was like 40 gallon so I could buy only when gas is cheap and could drive 1100 miles on a tank!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
There really isnt much of anything that bugs me about my car. Ive taken care of all that does, lol.

I guess the only things left are the 15" brakes, and the cloth door panels.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Brake dust (constantly cleaning wheels)
I had that problem along with school bus screeching noise after several stops, then I switched to ceramic pads and I get almost zero brake dust and only a quiet screech on the first stop in the morning because of dew.

What I hate about cars(my car) is that some days they work beautifully, and others they seem to not want to cooperate, like you woke it up from a good nights sleep and it is being grouchy with you! Lol

·
Registered
243 Posts
What I hate about cars(my car) is that some days they work beautifully, and others they seem to not want to cooperate, like you woke it up from a good nights sleep and it is being grouchy with you! Lol

Wow thought it was only my car that was that way. Some days it thinks its a race car other days it feels its age. But really what i think annoys me is how much road you feel in this car. Probbally due to the cab foward thing

·
Registered
253 Posts
For me, the most important feature in a car is ergonomics and seat comfort. I am very tall, 6'4" and most cars lack sufficient headroom. My Eagle Vision fits me well, I especially like the seat comfort and the size of the car. It has an excellent ride and gets surprisingly good mileage. I guess that's why I've kept it since buying it new in 1994. Every time I look for a newer car, I appreciate the one I have even more. If they still made it, I'd buy another new one.

My only quibble is road noise. But hey, nothing's perfect.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
1) the air bag dash split....... really buggs me...
2) front wheel drive
3) trans mission is weak
4) wind noise

·
Registered
303 Posts
1) the air bag dash split....... really buggs me...
2) front wheel drive
3) trans mission is weak
4) wind noise
Without the front wheel drive our performance actually suffers pretty badly, and as for the weak transmission you'll be hard pressed to find a better transmission from chrysler, ford, chevy, or any other company for that matter (unless you go with a stick), that is front wheel drive and will last anywhere near as long.

My only gripe that I have had with this car so far is the fact that my airbag cover is warped. That and the paint is toast and the windshield is cracked but those can all be fixed. Once those are fixed and Ive got a steady income THE MODDING SHALL BEGIN!!! :riptires:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Wow thought it was only my car that was that way. Some days it thinks its a race car other days it feels its age. But really what i think annoys me is how much road you feel in this car. Probbally due to the cab foward thing
HAHA!!! Everybodies car acts like that from time to time.

·
Registered
460 Posts
-warping passenger airbag dash
-misc. noises from interior (ie overhead console, glove box, center floor console, ashtray, steering column_) depends on the day which one makes noise.
-road noise
-wind noise
-factory paint peels
-door check straps
-dirty interiors
-door lock actuators
-faded turn directional lever
-binding shift cable
-broken power antenna
-blown speaker
-burnt out radio screen
-Intrepid logo peeling away on rear light
-busted fender with duct tape holding it together
-fogged headlamps
-consistantly fails state inspection
-high maintenience steering/suspension design

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I never liked how sensitive the traction control is. If I remember I turn it off but the odd time I forget.
The tire will spin a bit and then the computer takes over and starts applying the brakes.

I understand the theory behind the system but if should recognize the tire spun a bit and I want to accelerate and accelerating is much more sucessful without braking.

·
Registered
237 Posts
DASH RATTLE. It only happens in drive while I'm behind the wheel and can't track it down.
Son of a ***** me too! It's like a scavenger hunt.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts