DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

What mod should I do before Carlisle

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I think I'm going to make it to Carlisle now, and I've got a list of mods that are all in the works that I just haven't had time for. In a week and a half summer hits and I'm going to have over two weeks of time in town to get mods done. So the debate is, what mod should I get done before Carlisle?

·
Registered
589 Posts
kcarlos2000 said:
Amp that way if it turns out great I can take you plans an complete my own.
i say subs for the same reason as him ^^^

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doing the acrylic box actually makes the most sense, because I already have spent all the money on the parts, it'll cost me maybe 20 bucks at most of misc supplies to complete and that will leave me with leftovers for future projects. The wiring for the fans is already in place for the most part.

The problem with the sub thing is that I'll only have pieces of it completed by then simply becasue I won't have bought all the stuff. There's a decent chance that I won't have the amp for them yet too because I'm driving 2 hours to meet up with an old friend that works at circuit city to get employee discount, and I doubt I'll have a weekend to do that before Carlisle. My comp amp is just a little less power though, so I can temporarily hook up the subs to test them on their own but my system won't be able to be complete.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I'd say Black headlights because you'd be, to date, the only person that's done it. Besides Skuby of course... and he doesnt' even drive a trep :p Where did you get extra lenses tho... i'm nervous about cooking my only pair :(

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got an extra pair thats in the mail from 98es'er thats just hazy, and I'll be polishing those up as much as I can and sticking those on the car as temps and I'll polish up my stock pair of lamps (they aren't in bad shape, just could be better) and I'll mod the original pair. That way I have something to fall back on, but the mod itself has the greatest potential of being badass.

Now that you guys have mentioned it, I will be doing the acrylic box for sure, and one other mod since I already have all the parts for the box. Pick which other option out of those you think I should go with.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Archael said:
I'd say Black headlights because you'd be, to date, the only person that's done it. Besides Skuby of course...
......ummmmmm, Mobbdeep (Kenny) did it and showed 'em off at the IM ;)

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hes getting rid of them though because they didn't turn out well for him. He said that they made all the sctatches show up really bad, but my headlights are in pretty good shape and before I take em apart I'll be spending a lot of time working on them to get them sharp looking.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I'm not gonna piant them black i'm just gonna take out the amber lenses...maybe get something etched in the plastic but i haven't decided yet.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Tail Lights!! Tail Lights!! Tail Lights!! :biggrin:
I just wanna see what you're gonna do with them. I'm still trying to work out a few ideas for my reflector bar....

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In2Deep said:
Tail Lights!! Tail Lights!! Tail Lights!! :biggrin:
I just wanna see what you're gonna do with them. I'm still trying to work out a few ideas for my reflector bar....
Right now my issue is how to mount the extra bulbs into the bar. They need to be removeable so I can replace them like a normal bulb. I'm also using (I think they're 3157) the same bulbs as the other tail lights so they match up. I've got two different ideas on how to do it, and I'm pretty sure I know which one I'll be going with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts