DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know I live in Italy. A couple weeks ago I had to replace 3 fuel injectors on the passenger side. Before hand the car was running rough, overheating and gas was on puddled on the top of my motor. Well it took 3 weeks for parts to get here and Genarro (my italian mechanic) fixed it. It was great, like new, I was happy. Well that lasted all of 2 weeks. Yesterday on my way to work I noticed the temp was way up just under the red. So I pulled over and lifted the hood. Can you say fire hazzard? There was gas puddled worse than before. Today I Went to see Genarro (right down the road) and we both looked at it. Seems ole Patsy was out of water so we put more in and started her up. Genarro was thinking I may have blew a head gasket and was happy as I to see water flowwing from the front of the engine (water pump). I have one already but I'm gonna order a timing belt and have it put on sence Genarro will have it all apart. BUT I DO HAVE A QUESTION???? Does any one know or have an opinion on what the problem is with the leaking gas?? Its right buy the injectors. We brought it to a dodge dealer for a recall for leaking gas (even though it wasnt leaking at the time) and afterward it started to leak. So I'm not sure what the problem is and would appreciat any thoughts on it. :confused: :(

·
Registered
502 Posts
The gas problems sounds liked failing O-rings on the injectors. Is the gas puddled in the same spot as before where you had the other injectors replaced?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Very big recall on the injectors and fuel rails on those, sounds like you got it!
Go to dealer (if there's one around?!) and ask about that. If they don't know what that's about, E-mail me and I'll send you a copy of the notice!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the gas is puddling in the same place but worse. And to the italians and my misfortune there is no dodge dealers in Italy. I've seen a couple chryslers running around (mostly jeeps with chrysler name) but I believe the closest dealers are in rome and naples, both being over an hour away. So any info you may have or come up with would be much appreciated. my e-mail is [email protected] Thanks for responding, Its not easy keeping up a dodge in Italy :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
sounds like the fuel rail recall problem, i don't know how the recalls work over there, but it sounds like it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I had a very similar thing happen to my 3.5L 95 Intrepid and it was the fuel rail recall. I had already taken it to the shop and had it replaced when i found out about it. I sent Chrysler the bill and they sent me a check. Very easy.

Buschman

1 - 7 of 7 Posts