DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... I read this... Man... Send up the flag!
:blunt:
Someone's smokin SOMTHIN!
http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-1-1-1-26072.cfm

Now, someone correct me if I'm wrong... But why would someone waste money on this?! "Increased Torque" from grounding your exhaust to your chassis?!

This just seems like a really lame way to get uninformed buyers to get to spend their money...
LoL
Thought y'all would like to see this.

The Icecream Man

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Icecream Man said:
But why would someone waste money on this?! "Increased Torque" from grounding your exhaust to your chassis?!
I know on the second gens that either the resonator or the muffler has a ground strap on it. I have seen it. It's sorta a copperish color.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
prob not. but the taurus's with the 24v engine you can strap down the exaust manifolds to the frame with a chain. so the engine doesnt move theres said to be a slight increase in tourque but i doubt you could feel it.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Icecream Man said:
So wait... You're telling me that this $50 ground wire, actually does something?!
No. But I am telling you that there is indeed a ground strap back there. It shouldn't add **** worth of added torque. :hmm:

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
it has a reaosn, i remember something not sure thou, its like ur car has differnt ground points and that is one for ur engine, one at the begining of the engine and one at the frekin end, not sure why thou lol

ALi

·
Registered
479 Posts
ITrep96 said:
They forgot to add that it will increase the effectiveness of electronically controlled muffler bearings.
Well, if you read the installation instructions, which BTW only are written in Japanese, you'll see that a tube of Energizer Bunny Gel is included. When used according to the directions (still in Japanese), this gel will not only reactivate and seal those bearings and keep them maintenance free for life, but also redirects the excess static electricity from your exhaust to your trunk, where it can be stored indefinitely. :thinking:

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
crombie said:
No. But I am telling you that there is indeed a ground strap back there. It shouldn't add **** worth of added torque. :hmm:
Probably there - near the gas tank - to avoid any possibility of static discharge to the tank. Mine is on the tailpipe at the first bend past the main muffler. The guys at the exhaust shop were very careful to reconnect it ...

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
D76G12 said:
Probably there - near the gas tank - to avoid any possibility of static discharge to the tank. Mine is on the tailpipe at the first bend past the main muffler. The guys at the exhaust shop were very careful to reconnect it ...
Holy ****... suppose I should go out and see if Midas reconnected it or even touched it for that matter.

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
crombie said:
Holy ****... suppose I should go out and see if Midas reconnected it or even touched it for that matter.
I would - Chrysler didn't spend the money to put that on there for nothing. There had to be a good reason and that's the only one I can think of off-hand ...

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
kumiyer said:
Hey crombie, just curious - who is that in your avtar, looks like one of Bollywood Actress.
Heck if I know who it is... saw the pic, resized it... and called it my pic.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
OK Folks.

Basic Auto electricity 101.

Think about this, Engine, Transmission, Exhaust. All mounted in or on Rubber Mounts. Electrically Isolated from the Frame, Body, Chassis etc. This electrical separation Can and occasionally does cause differential in ground potential and electrical problems. The more modern and complicated the cat the more likely problems can exist. Every car ever made in the last 40 years has some sort of connecting bridge between these two othewise isolated ground planes.

That is all.

Reactions: crombie

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
D76G12 said:
You mean the LH's don't have one from the engine to the chassis?!?
Sure it does. From the resonater to the chassis.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Treppenwolf said:
Well, if you read the installation instructions, which BTW only are written in Japanese, you'll see that a tube of Energizer Bunny Gel is included. When used according to the directions (still in Japanese), this gel will not only reactivate and seal those bearings and keep them maintenance free for life, but also redirects the excess static electricity from your exhaust to your trunk, where it can be stored indefinitely. :thinking:
Ahahahahaaha!!!!! http://www.engrish.com <-- reminded me of this

1 - 18 of 18 Posts