DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyoen know how i would go about purchasing and picking out a set of rims that are 6inch in the frint and 8-9 in the rear?

the truck i have now is a 64 ford F100 and i wanted some wheels for it. i see them in alot of truck magazines were the rear wheel has a LIP maybe 3 inch's or so

any one please

ALi

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
Unless you're going to get really radical - with the same steering results - you don't want 6" front wheels. Make it 7" and maybe 8" on the back. That's what my Road Runner has on it. Of course, you could go up to 9" but you'll have to run 12" (or P275, P295) tires.

Any good wheel shop will have them. For older vehicles you're looking for a 0 offset or maybe a -30 or so for a 9" ...

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so will i NOT be able to put 20's on this bad boy ?

thats why i am worried of not likeing it cuz i wont find good weels for her

i have a chance to get Harley 20's for cheep and that i belive woudl look good, i just need to know if that old of a truck has clearence or not, man am i stressing something as small as wheel well's or what

ALi

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
Goliath27 said:
ok so will i NOT be able to put 20's on this bad boy ?
ALi
Sure you can put 20's on it if that's what you want. I thought we were talking about rim width not diameter. 20" rims should come in a variety of widths - just try to stay within an inch or so (in width) between the front and back. Personally, I've always thought trucks looked best with all four tires/rims the same size. As far as the total height of the tire/rim combo you really need to talk to some truck guys about that - I have no idea how tall they run those things ...

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
245 Posts
try KMC they have an extensive collection of sport truck rims and tires also try www.sportruck.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts