DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what service should be done at the 120,000 mark? i do the regular maitenance oil change and filters etc. anything special at 120,000? i have already done a new trans timing blets and waterpump/ belts.

thanks!

p.s. great forum

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
differential? i thought that the 3.5l was a transaxle... where would the diff be?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
really.... i was not aware of that, what type of fluid does it take? gl-5? 80-90w or ATF? is this something that i could find in chiltons?

·
Registered
505 Posts
should be in the CHILTONS....it´s not ATF!It is 80W90 if I´m not wrong,but better check the Chiltons manual to be sure.

Benny

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah the pump is orig. so is the brake fluid and p.s. fluid. i am pretty mechanical, is this something for the do it yourselfer?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I wouldn't replace any pumps until they die.

I WOULD look at wear items:

Plugs/Wires.
TIMING BELT, WATER PUMP, TIMING BELT TENSIONER
suspension: struts all around, ball joints, sway bar links.

I can't think of other things really. Just get a Hayes or Chiltons manual, and change all the fluids that haven't been changed recently:
Anti-freeze, Power Steering, Tranny Fluid, Engine oil, Drifferential fluid, brake fluid.... probably some other that I am forgetting.....

http://dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24701

that has all the recommended fluids

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yup. ABS what does the old fluid do after that many miles, i mean is it that big of a deal?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts