DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have Rockford Fosgate 600aVI 600 watt rms 2 channel amp. It is really old but a guy at best buy was telling me that back then, they were way underated and it probly puts out way more, and it really can take a beating. So now I have to decide on the subwoofer choices. I want two 12" inch's. One choice I am looking at are the older model alpine type r's that are 300 rms 1000 peak which i can find for like $130 each. Or Infinity Kappas which are 350 watt rms, which are about the same price, except i found a pair of them used selling for only $170. Do you think i would be underpowering the kappas? if not which subs do you reccomend?

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
You can get a brand new set of Pioneer 12's from walmart a cheaper price and still get a box, AND you will have a warranty, unlike used stuff. They will sound just as good. They will handle that wattage perfectly.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I agree. Even though I work for wal-mart I wouldn't buy any actual audio equipment from them. Its mostly cheap stuff like sony and pioneer, but I guess thats good for some people. I had to laugh seeing the DUB subwoofer there with the huge plastic chrome cover lol.

Josiah

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
XxBuMpInTrEpxX said:
but a guy at best buy was telling me...
Here's your first problem... Never listen to the BS given by Best Buy employees. 1 quick look aorund the forums and you probably already know more than they do.

·
Registered
138 Posts
XxBuMpInTrEpxX said:
Well I have Rockford Fosgate 600aVI 600 watt rms 2 channel amp. It is really old but a guy at best buy was telling me that back then, they were way underated and it probly puts out way more, and it really can take a beating. So now I have to decide on the subwoofer choices. I want two 12" inch's. One choice I am looking at are the older model alpine type r's that are 300 rms 1000 peak which i can find for like $130 each. Or Infinity Kappas which are 350 watt rms, which are about the same price, except i found a pair of them used selling for only $170. Do you think i would be underpowering the kappas? if not which subs do you reccomend?

both are sweet subs, and OLD RF AMPS PWN!!! i had a 300m2 and that thing slammed 2x12" ppi flats :D i'm an infinity man so i'd go w/ those, i loved my single 10" kappa perfect that i bought for around 100$ 3 years ago, it was in my civic, i just ordered the box and some installation kits to put it in the trep :D i liked it that much.

·
Registered
715 Posts
personally i would find something new. people can claim they never abused and works perfectly etc, but you will never know for sure. also, is that amp power at 2 or 4 ohms. that will also come into play. more info is needed before we can recommend choices...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts