DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been kicking around the idea of getting some 20" Black wheels...... So If i should go ahead and upgrade to 20's what size of tires should i need to get to keep them from scrubbing?

*yea i posted in the wrong section......... someone plez move to correct section!!!!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
255/35r20, thats the suggested size from all of the sources i have.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Spend the money from the 20s and then the tires on a paint job. Your paint has "silver peel" - similar to "orange peel" but much, much worse.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to sell em, they are 17x7 with 235/45/17 nexen tires......... I won't upgrade till around tax time, but if i come across a good deal i'll have to jump on it sooner!!!

those nexen tires i can get them around $140 each at the wheel shop i got my 17" wheel from.......

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Spend the money from the 20s and then the tires on a paint job. Your paint has "silver peel" - similar to "orange peel" but much, much worse.
Well it's not that bad, and it's just on the front bumper near the hood latch area...... Not as bad all those rock chips you got though..... And the black should be painted on by or right after Xmas..... for $200 compared to the $800 and $1300 qoute i got from other shops it's worth the wait so the guy can finish painting his 56 chevy and another old car he has restored......

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are great and i have not had any issues at all since i got mine about 8 months ago... quite and smooth... handle great in rain also! I rotate them every oil change front to back b/c they are directional tires....

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
As long as they are quiet I'll be happy. I need some rnew rubber now that my charger wheels came in and priced at $98 per tire, I cant go wrong.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your paint has "silver peel" - similar to "orange peel" but much, much worse.
Hey i think you got the silver cars mixed up...... I just came home and reminded myself to really check that out and It's only two places on the front bumper in of the hood that looks like it's peeling and they are about half the size of a dime....... Get a grip paco :2up: lol j/k

1 - 17 of 17 Posts