DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that when I am driving at a constant speed and have my foot on the accelerator just a little bit to maintain the speed the car feels jerky. However, when I am slowing down or accelerating my car is normal, no vibrations or jerking of any kind. What the hell is doing this? It just happened this morning. :confused:

·
Registered
502 Posts
I remember having something like that while using cruise control. but it was so minor I barely noticed it unless the road was unusually smooth.

I have also found that my stupid transmission can't decide whether it wants to be in 2nd or 3rd when I'm cruising at 30 mph. It shifts in and out unless I'm higher or lower in speed. Dumb thing.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could this be an early warning sign of an ailing transmission?

·
Registered
22 Posts
When was the last time you guys got your transmission flushed?

I had a similar problem with my car some time back - I could feel the car jerking a bit when it was shifting from 1st to 2nd and a bit more of a jerk when it shifted from 2nd to 3rd. I could also feel the car - sort of braking on me if you can believe that - when I was trying to maintain a steady 50kms/hr.

A quick trip to the dealer - and some new tranny fluid took care of that. Since then it runs like a dream. :)

[ January 02, 2002: Message edited by: Black_Knight ]

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is funny. This morning it just happened out of the blue after the car reached operating temperature and it only occured when I was trying to go a constant speed. This afternoon the problem was gone!!! I am still concerned about it though.

I had my transmission fluid serviced one year ago (approximately 18,000 miles ago) so it is due since the recommended interval is 15,000 miles. The dealer did a full system flush and filter and charged me $80 I think. I had it done when I had a tranny cooler line replaced.

:) :) :)

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Originally posted by ATFCharger:
I have also found that my stupid transmission can't decide whether it wants to be in 2nd or 3rd when I'm cruising at 30 mph. It shifts in and out unless I'm higher or lower in speed. Dumb thing.
Mine has the same prob and i had the tranny flushed when i got the car about 8,000 miles ago

·
Registered
104 Posts
Be sure to use the RIGHT tranny fluid or you'll be paying for a very expensive rebuild. The dealership tranny guy recently told me about the local Jiffy Lube using Dexron and he was making a good living as a result of it.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Originally posted by 79lilred:
Be sure to use the RIGHT tranny fluid or you'll be paying for a very expensive rebuild. The dealership tranny guy recently told me about the local Jiffy Lube using Dexron and he was making a good living as a result of it.
yeah, i think i am gonna have mine reflushed here in the near future at my dealer :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts