DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well everone knows it's tax season and the wife and i came upon agreement that i will only spend $1000 on the trep. I did know exactly what i was going to do but now i have second thoughts about it. I was going to get the car painted because the hood is only primered and the handles are shaved and trunk lock covered with primer. I figured i should get the body kit i decided i wanted at the last minute. so what do i do,, go ahead and get it painted and not worry about the kit or do i get the kit and wait to get it painted for a few more months.
P.S. and i really don't want to hear ...."why don't you save it and put it towards your future or something?"

when you are deployed and your wife has a great paying job and moves back home to live with her mother and hardly has any bills at all,,, you seem to have a very large chunk of change in the bank called SAVINGS. tax season is the only time i can spend like i'm going to do. so just don't preach to me on how i should save money. thanks
sorry for the bitching. lol:soapbox:

·
Registered
795 Posts
I'd get the body kit now and wait to get it all painted together, that way you can garenty a perfect match. Paint can differ slightly if not done all at once (some people were complaining about this on their treps bumpers)

·
Registered
434 Posts
I dont care what you do but i would take the car and the 1k and trade it in for a 300C. Yeah baby!!! But if not yeah get the body kit and then wait to paint it.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
id get the body kit..i love the look of a primered car with an unpainted body kit..no really i do

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Body kit, then go crazy with the paint and do everything all at once.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
I don't know about "liking" the primered look but its always better to think long run, get the kit and then repaint it all later. If you just repaint it now, you might end up saying **** it and not get the kit because of the paint issue.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
340duster said:
I concur. Wet shot.... from Nitrous Express.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Why don't you save it for the future or something....

sorry had to. Get the kit or "NOS" or whatever. Your car, your money, your descision. And if your still not happy, give me the cash. I am really in the same boat right now. Rims, exhaust setup,stereo...descisions suck.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
whatever you do, don't be the guy with 3 different colors of primer and a primered ground effects kit.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Jer_BEAR_bluez said:
Body kit, then go crazy with the paint and do everything all at once.
I thought you were in MC boot camp? Did i miss something?

bignoid said:
I dont care what you do but i would take the car and the 1k and trade it in for a 300C. Yeah baby!!! But if not yeah get the body kit and then wait to paint it.
I have a few months to pay off the car and then when i am finshed with the kit and paint the wife is going to trade in her Ford Escape for a 300C. So i will have it soon enough.

340duster said:
if you get the kit, PLEASE don't mount it until you are ready to paint it wihtin the next 2 days of mounting
I would never do such a thing.

I guess i'm going with the kit then paint it later. so who can tell me if this kit from Andy's fits correctly.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Well, I remember that caffinated soap was saying he had to do some "fitting" on the side skirts since they didn't fit quite right. I don't remember what problems he encountered with the front or back.

·
Registered
952 Posts
personally, I think you should "invest" it in engine work. Make that puppy run 13's! :p

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
platnumedition98 said:
I thought you were in MC boot camp? Did i miss something?
Well, I was. I got about half-way through training and I dislocated my knee and tore some ligaments and ****.... so instead of them letting me heal and just sending me back to training they decided it was best if they sent me home. Which sucks, but **** happens for a reason I guess.... And I guess it just wasn't meant to be. But I learned a lot and enjoyed the experience none the less.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts