DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting back $3,000 dollars for income tax. I only paid in 800 but since i had a baby..and earned income credit, i get $3,000 back. Isn't That Great....But i don't know what to do with it? Well i know what i want to do with it but i want to hear what you guys would do with it?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Put the whole wad down and one spin of the roulette wheel baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll be modding your car up the wazoo after you win.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm with Joekd on this one. Please the wife AND the baby..........what could be better than that???? :)

·
Registered
638 Posts
Yup, I'm totally with JoeKD. Maybe you could begin a Roth IRA for either yourself or your baby. Since you'd be contributing your after tax dollars, there would be no taxes when it's withdrawal time (first home, retirement, etc.).

Oh yeah, and take the lady out for a night on the town. :)

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Amen on the savings plan for the baby. Do you know how much college is going to cost in 18 years?

Be hasty with your wallet now that there's someone relying on you.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Send it too meeeeeeeeeeee:biggrin: :p :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Yet another vote for JoeKD's wize advice!!! You will be a happy man for it (!) and feel good about yourself knowing you have done something for the betterment of your child.
Second suggestion is, if you have any high interest debt, pay it off!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'd spend about 1k on my car, 1k on the baby and maybe the wifee, and 1k to pay off some bills (if you have any)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Go to Cedar Point! And take me! ahahahahahahaha

Get your car a crazy paint job. Later. You can please the wife and baby by letting them ride in it!
Joe E.

·
Registered
118 Posts
DaddyKinn said:
I'm getting back $3,000 dollars for income tax. I only paid in 800 but since i had a baby..and earned income credit, i get $3,000 back.
CRAP! You only paid in $800? I paid in over $14K just to feds, (yes what they take out of each check) I'll probably get a refund of around $3K but still.....

·
Registered
296 Posts
JOEKD has it right. Spoil the lady and start saving for that baby. AFter 4 of them, all gone now, you will be glad you did

·
Registered
604 Posts
ITrep96 said:
Go with Joekd. I'm in college now and I know I'm glad my parents saved up for it.

i WOULD be in college if my parents had saved up for it, but unfortunately i'm still working at the grocery store.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts