DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i thought i would start a thread for the people that are coming in early, post some links to different attractions in the area, everything from shopping to amsument parks. that way if you coming with the better half, and they dont like to sit at a car shop all day, there are other things to do. feel free to post in this thread as i am sure there are things that i will miss/forget about.

http://www.hersheypa.com/attractions/hersheypark/ >--hershey park

http://www.digitalcity.com/harrisburg/best/main.adp?page=board guide to the areas Restaurants

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I will be there late Thursday evening.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I hate hershey park...but I think thats cuz I lived by it and all the damn tourists for my whole life basically haha. The Harrisburg downtown area now has many bars and clubs added since last year. There are many restaurants that have excellent food as well. This is all on 2nd St. in Harrisburg. If anyone has any questions on where to find thing in Harrisburg let me know cuz I know the area from growing up there.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
NoLedge said:
I hate hershey park...but I think thats cuz I lived by it and all the damn tourists for my whole life basically haha. The Harrisburg downtown area now has many bars and clubs added since last year. There are many restaurants that have excellent food as well. This is all on 2nd St. in Harrisburg. If anyone has any questions on where to find thing in Harrisburg let me know cuz I know the area from growing up there.

But everything shuts down at like 5 o clock!!!!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
You know, I was considering stoping by for a few hours with the wife and then doing something else. Thanks for the links, that may be just the info I need...

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bob, we usually have plans, but i understand that this is a family event, and most of the plans are more thought of with adult beverages in mind, so i am trying to show that there are more family oriented things to do.

but if you like adult beverages, we will tap the keg this year thursday night ;)

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
dabirdz96 said:
but if you like adult beverages, we will tap the keg this year thursday night ;)
TESTIFY!!! I will chug many 4 oz beers. Damn small stomach.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Don't forget that this year I will bring some cases of that 9% beer.:beerchug: I know I said that last year, but this year I promise that I will bring as much as I can. :drink: Anyone knows how many cases I can pass through the borders???? :beer:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Well, Bimmer, I searched for a little bit and THINK I may have an answer.

That would be that there's no limit to the amount you can import into the US, and there's no duty charge for doing so.

However, thats subject to a few rules. First, if the customs agent "thinks" that it looks like too much beer to import for personal use, they may try to get you to obtain an ATF permit. I doubt that will happen, though.

Second, each state has different regulations on the amount of alcohol you can import. I tried searching for NY and MI, but New York's site was more geared towards obtaining a permit and not defining what someone could bring in for personal use, and Michigan's site was down.

Third, the duty rate says "Free" but I might have misread the chart. Which is why I'm not a lawyer - all these legal documents kill me.

Resources:

Fee chart for importing beverages

How do I import alcohol for personal use?

As a traveler, how much alcohol can I bring in the States?

I think I might have gone a little overboard, but I was bored. Sorry :)

Also, I wish I could make Carlisle this year :(

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
I will tell you first hand that it is illegal to transport alcohol accross the state line into Pennsylvania regardless of the amount. They bust people coming over the bridge from NJ all the time heading to tailgate at sporting events. The trick is hiding it well.

·
Registered
292 Posts
try running your car off of it in your tank, then when u get here, we can just tap the bottom of your gas tank.......
well it sounded like a good idea in my head..........

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
gazetowardthesky said:
I will tell you first hand that it is illegal to transport alcohol accross the state line into Pennsylvania regardless of the amount. They bust people coming over the bridge from NJ all the time heading to tailgate at sporting events. The trick is hiding it well.
And you tell me that now?? Well, anyways, when I passed the border, they asked me what I had and after they checked my trunk for like 2-3 minutes and they saw that I had beers.....I said I was going to a car show and was in charge of bringing some good canadian beer :all_cohol Anyways, I'll read what Kevin found and will call the border a couple of days before leaving to make sure. Thanks Kevin.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
well if everyones coming down to booze up thurs. night then i might come up on saturday, dunno if i stay until sunday or not though. this is just because A) im eighteen as of jan. and B) i didn't enjoy myself too well when my entire family (moms side) got bombed on new years, only about 6 either didn't drink or didn't drink too much, and three of those people are me and my two 2nd cousins, the oldest of those three is nineteen soooo yea i try to avoid alcohol when i can, the stuff just tastes like cat pee (shields self from viruses that are bound to be sent by the beer advocates in this thread)

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
no no no, def. come down on thursday with us, there are a handful of us who dont drink, myself being one of them and DIT doesnt really drink, for some reason he got trashed last year, and theres others of us who dont drink. def. come down on thursday, plus the party usually gets more entertaining when ppl get drunk, all of them are funny when they drink anyway.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
only a small handful of people get drunk(Justin, myself, Justin, Kenny, Justin...) The majority just drinks in moderation and has a good time with some fine food on the grill. Once you show up on thursday you'll feel like you're hanging out with guys you've known for years.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Yah...my dad was wondering why Kenny was complaing of a headache when he was drinking beer out of a pitcher!!!! :)

--Gorm

1 - 20 of 26 Posts