DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Which dash kit should I get? (see pics below)

• Real Red/Black Carbon Fiber (Idea#!)

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Real Brushed Aluminum (Idea#2)

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Simulated Brushed Aluminum (Idea#3)

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Don't get a dash kit

Votes: 4 12.5%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am wanting to get a dash kit, but I'm not sure on what type to get. I thought I would get you all's opinions.

Idea#1: Real red/black carbon fiber

Idea#2: Real brushed aluminum

Idea#3: Simulated brushed aluminum

Please keep in mind that I have an Inferno Red car, have the chrome shifter, and if I end up getting the aluminum dask kit, I will most likely get a head unit that is aluminum in color.

Thanks for your opinions & suggestions.

-chase

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Well it sounds like you have pretty much anwsered your own question as to what you want, Brushed alluminum..

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
#2, and when you get it in, we need pix, then if i like it in yer car, i'll run out and buy it for mine!
:D

·
980 Posts
Yeah and if the price is right I may also go with the brushed aluminum,think it is the best choice for motorsports editions.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sorry,but i voted for #2 I clicked on the wrong one I wanted to click on the brushed alluminumn,thats what I have in my 2001ES,and it looks awsome my package even came with the pieces for the backseat power window buttons and the back cup holder in the seat,mine cost me $430CDN.and I installed it myself.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
blkbute said:
Well it sounds like you have pretty much anwsered your own question as to what you want, Brushed alluminum..
Well, no I really haven't answered my own question. I'm leaning towards the real brushed aluminum, but I'm not 100% sure. That's why I would like to know what people's opinions/ideas are. :biggrin:

·
Registered
263 Posts
dash

ok-I really like the brushed aluminum but thats probably because I have a silver car(and have been thinking about it myself) but because you have the red I think it'd look great with the red/black carbon fibre

So there!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hot Sh*t

Yo SlvrGhos,

I was looking at that same kit, the brushed Alum. I see that you have it, can you post pictures.

www.nopionline.com sells the whole 15 piece kit for $375US

but you could buy just the dash or a 5 or 10 piece kit too.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
890 Posts
Yeah go for the real alumiunin it would look mad tight. Dont even think about the red carbon fiber that would look cheesy.

tell us what you decide:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
973 Posts
YO Warlord - I felt so bad I went back and voted again. Maybe the same 14 or so people are coming back to see if anyone else has voted. Jeeeez.
BTW - wood wood wood

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
It would be nice to see some pics of Treps that already have carbon fiber or brushed alluminum dashes.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I voted for the real carbon fiber. I just think the brushed aluminum would be 'too bright'

A dark wood would work too if you want the classy look, but I dont think you want that...

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, it would be nice to see some pics of an Intrepid with the carbon fibre and aluminum dash kits. I did see the Intrepid pics with the wood dash. I like the look of the wood, but it's not quite the look I'm going after. The wood looks more like what a "luxury" car would look like. I'm going for a "sporty" look, and I think either the carbon fibre or aluminum would do that nicely. I still have a couple of months to decide. Thank you for your opinions and votes. By all means keep them coming. :bigsmile:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Wood would look really ugly like he said. He is going for that sporty look.

I think the aluminum looks really nice in that pic. Carbon fiber maybe, but aluminum looks much better:biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
263 Posts
aluminum

have you seen any pics of SlvrBlt's ride before he got in a wreck(BTW he has a subaru WRX now) he had the whole aluminum dash setup
forgive the mess after all he just had had the wreck

oh man he even had the chrome 300M shifter

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
My problem with his dash kit... is he didnt cover the "walnut" looking part. He covered the part above it. I don't care for that look. If I want to cover anything... its that cheap "walnut" part of the dash. I am sure you guys know what I mean.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts