DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read lots of threads on here. what has everyone concluded as being the best front strut combo assembly also any thoughts on the Eibach lowering springs?

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
I have them installed with KYB GR-2 struts all around with new OEM mounts and isolators. Rides smoothly. Hard to say if it made a huge difference in ride quality. Car was parked for 5 months and I drove a 3/4 ton truck for the winter.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DJ do you have the HR springs installed or the poly bushing or both and if the you have the HR springs what was the best price you found?

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
I have the H&R springs installed on OEM Bushings. Due to my location I ended up paying $638.35 for the set of springs. It does come with the engine and transmission spacers as well

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
How is the look with those springs?
I know on my intrepid I went with Quick struts in the back and it raised it a bit and that was over a year ago and I still am not use to the height

Do you like? also what are the spacers for and do?

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
The Spacers are to bing everything back to being 'square' driveline wise as I am led to believe.

They did drop it a bit. I did new struts and new isolators and the springs still dropped the car 1.25 inches overall.

As the car is settling she is coming down a bit more, I do not have any recent pictures, but as reference the bottom of my window is in line with the door handle on a 2010 Camry

·
Registered
744 Posts
I'd reccomend KYB Excel G front and rear struts for anybody looking for more of a
performance type ride.

I wouldn't call them harsh but with KYB building the valving 10% stiffer than oe ,
it's a much firmer , controlled ride.

I just installed four on my son's car and I had honestly debated about doing the
fronts as I didn't think they were that bad,,,, But I'm very glad I did and it was worth
all the work as the car handles great, :) :)

Note : Economy quick struts are exactly that ,,,, something a used care dealer
would buy just to sell the car. Short lived and just plain cheaply made.
Even Rock Auto has divided their listings into economy / performance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts