DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

What wheels for 1st-gens?

707 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  LH_Chris 
#1 ·
I have a 1st-gen (94) Intrepid and have been wondering what wheels would work on it. I'd like to go bigger than stock, but not so big that they interfere with cornering or scrape the inside of the wheel well. Searching here I read that 17" Dodge Avenger wheels are close but need spacers to fit. http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54672

Has anyone had luck using wheels from vehicles outside the 1st-gen (LHS, Concorde, New Yorker, Intrepid, Vision) series? Any 2nd-gen wheels on 1st-gen cars? Non-Chrysler wheels on 1st-gen?

Also for those of you with aftermarket wheels: What size are they? and Do you have the normal size tires or the thin ones?

#3 ·
there is a 99 intrepid here in town that has RANGER alloys on it. not like a brand name, i mean off of a ford ranger. truth is they looked ok. the offset is a little different but it looked good. so that would make us on a 4.5 inch pattern which is very common. that opens you up to anything that will fit a sn 95 mustang too. ive got some wheels off a 300 m special(grey) that are waiting for tires. i think they will look good on it

#4 ·
Yeah, no one ever answered my damn thread either. Seems to be a trend. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.