1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the following pictures

The first is the original harness from a 95 intrepid
Second is the grey from a 95 intrepid
the last is the new harness that came with my stereo. I was looking at the installdr picture and the grey harness matches up perfectly with the new harness but the black is off, now I'm not sure what to believe, the harness or installdr.com

Can someone direct me to a place to see wiring instructions for a 95 intrepid including colors and types??

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forget it, I just remembered, DUH, that's why I have the harness so all I have to do is match it up to my new deck wires, but now I have a new question.

I crimped all the wires together, everything seems correct but I have one last wire on my harness and one last one on my radio harness. The wire I have on my harness is "POWER ANTENNA" and the one I have on my radio is the second picture, "System remote control"

Do I have to cut off that tip and then crimp the two together? Or am I missing something, do I need the power antenna?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
This can be used if you have
a: power antenna
b: amp (OEM or aftermarket)

I normally pull the clear plastic (rubber) down, wrap wire around silver terminal and then pull it but up around it then tape it just to make sure it doesn't come apart.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I don't need it? It's only a stock 95 intrepid, no infinity and no amp. I don't think it has a power antenna does it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts