DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would happen if i put took my stock hi-beams(9005) and put them in the place of my low-beams(9006)? would they even work? would anything burn out?

reason i ask.. my lights just seem so dim to me these days. for the last week i've been driving my moms 745il and i guess i got use to the bright hid's it has.
the street looks a bit dim to me driving my intrepid now, but the lights look fine when i turn the hi beams on...

i just want some headlights that will allow me to see at night....

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
go get some G&E Nighthawks.....30% brighter than the normal stock bulbs or if you want fake HID's well either the Sylvania Silverstars or the PIAA's.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I have done it on my car, even though the bulb bases are different it's really very easy, just remove the existing headlight bulb and then pull off the headlight mounting ring (three torx head bolts) and flip the ring over (one side is threaded for the 9006 the other side for 9005) and replace

the big difference between the 9005 and 9006 is that the 9005 does not have the shield over the front of the bulb which gives it more of a spread pattern, it is not annoyingly bright though

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot for the quick replys . i have piaa hi-beams.. they're rather blue vs being bright but they're a hole lot brighter than the lowbeams.
thanks for the info JoeKD i might try that.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
o well, sh!t happens.. they'll find out that i got a glock lol
i'm gonna get the hid kit from shawn this summer unless i buy an armada.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Ravin said:
people would hurt you
actually no, this is a common mis-perception, in reality the additional light output is not obnoxious in any way

keep in mind that normal 9006 bulbs are 55W and 9005 are 65W, hardly a huge difference. If you went with 100W bulbs then I would expect other drivers to be annoyed.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
who cares what other drivers think? are they thinking of your best interest when they cut you off? how about when they tailgate you, or try to change lanes into you? if they dont like my lights, they can look somewhere else. the 9006 would be a good upgrade, but you might want to get a better set of bulbs, that have higher output if you want them to be brighter

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
on a 2 lane street i say turn off your brights at night. expecially if theres a ditch. any other time at night my brights are on since my head lights are off center ther other drivers dont even notice :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts