DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say, ..... If your Intrepid was paid for, What type of NEW engine would you put in ur baby....after all, Isn't cheaper to buy a new motor....say V-8..(if it would fit) than a brand new car? ........ So, I need some advice...... I was going to put a Manual tranny in it...but after a few ppl said....why not put a COMPLETE different drivetrain in it..... that way you LOOK stock, but yet, have something that would even impresse those little boys at the shows....any ideas?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Viper V-10 mounted to a Viper tranny with a viper rear axle and differential.... I'd do it if I had the $$.

·
9,861 Posts
I don't mean to shoot you down, but why take a working engine out of a working car?

If I had the mechanical know how to install an engine, I would buy a car that orginally had a blown/no engine. Shouldn't be too much.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Actually there was that one person on ebay with pics of a chevy 350 cubic inch v-8, which is much bigger than a 215cubic inch 3.5 v6... because of the belll housing of the transaxle and the diff not being all crammed into the engine bay, the whole engine had lots of room in there, and I'd swear you'de be able to fit a supercharger on there as well.

If you're going with a v-8, just put custom motor mounts in and mount the engine as low and as safe as possible. :D

I know that the original plans for the intrepid included the possibility for rear wheel drive and or all wheel drive, so I believe the transmission tunnel is already in place. Which means the car shouldn't even have to be raised to run the drive shaft all the way through to the differential.

The person never finished the project, but as long as you make sure you use a v8 that works, it should be an easily finishable project. First or second generation intrepid. :D

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
EvilDeadFan said:
I know that the original plans for the intrepid included the possibility for rear wheel drive and or all wheel drive, so I believe the transmission tunnel is already in place.
I always wondered why my FWD car had a center hump. I figured it strengthened the design. What do I know?

·
Registered
403 Posts
alright...who wants to donate to the V8 a tiki cause?! :D

·
Registered
962 Posts
If I had the scratch, I would totally rebuild the 3.5, make it bulletproof, then get a custom turbo for it. Pssssshhhhh!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts