DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to decide what to get here, help me out.

I've got an 01 MSE Trep, as anyone could tell by my avatar. I live in Syracuse, NY-- and for the school year, Buffalo, NY. In both places, they dump about as much salt on their roads (ton for ton) as there is sand in Iraq. That said, if I drive my Trep around here next winter I'm worried some rust might appear and if that happens I might just lose my mind-- I lost my '94 Trep to rust, and I'm not about to do that again with a MUCH nicer car. Anyways, since I'm going to start hunting for another car, to serve as both a winter rat and something I can haul parts around for the Trep in.

I would love to find an MSE Dakota, because I think it would look VERY classy to be able to tow my MSE Trep with an MSE Dakota, and it's a pickup so it would be good for moving parts, etc. around. But I'm not counting on that even being a possibility. Not to mention, I'd probably still need a winter rat because I'd no doubt be equally protective of that.

Anyways, gas prices are predicted to hit $4.00/gallon this summer, and I'm thinking an LH car might not be the best thing for my finances since they drink so much (I'll be paying more for insurance anyways with the second car). But at the same time, the more fuel efficient the car gets, basically, the less I can carry. So, what car would you get?

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Depending on your budget...a hatchback or small wagon are practical, small pick-ups are more to insure ( at least in Canada ) Deisel Golf would be ideal, great mileage and a fold down rear seat.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Mazda 3 or Honda Civic?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts