DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a question for all those people with the second generation of Intrepids. If you could change one thing (Only one) about your Intrepid what would it be?

·
Registered
202 Posts
My one complaint with the car is the Automatic Climate Control (ACC) system. I love it except for one irritating thing...there is no capability for venting air from the outside.
I have a sunroof and I like to feel fresh air when I drive. Unfortunately you have to engage the ACC for air through the vents. This sort of "irritation" would probably be endemic to all DCX cars with ACC.
There are probably a host of other "design" changes that folks would make that would make sense, but they probably would change the "character" of the car.
DCX has created a real winner with the Intrepid.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Rear windows that go down all the way.....

That's not even a big deal, other then that... ummm...nothing at the moment that I can think of.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
my 1 thing would be to change out the cheesy plastic in the interior.

ever notice how hollow the doors are? ick!

of course theorhetically if I were able to choose 2 things, the other would be road noise, and to increase the insulation inside the car and to bring the road noise to a minimum.

oh yeah, and rear windows that roll down all the way too.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I hate the black plastic in the front bumper that is on the ES and R/T's, but with the 2002's it will be painted. 2 years too late for me though :( Oh well, other than that I can't really complain too much.

·
Registered
89 Posts
If I could change one thing on my intrepid....I would have to change it from front wheel drive to rear wheel with manual transmission.....null

·
Registered
63 Posts
yeah the thing i would love to change is the rear windows, i want them to go all the way down. I was wondering if anyone knows if we can make this rear window go all the way down. is this possible to do??

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
alot of Japanese cars have the back window that goes down all the way?? I would think they would be required to change that before importing if it were a federal law?

·
Registered
45 Posts
heh it has nothing to do with any sort of laws or safety regulations. the windows in the back dont go down all the way simply because all that window can't fit in the door. just look at them. lots of smaller cars have this problem, but with the size of this beast its surprising they didnt figure out a way to make ours go all the way down.

that would be a small complaint of mine, but since i'm in the drivers seat, screw whoevers sitting in the back =]

its the noise factor that bothers me the most. i spent about 100 dollars and some serious effort inside my trunk pulling out all the lining and dynamatting the whole trunk and trunk lid. and its still loud if i leave my back seats down.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Even if they could have it go donw all the way. My guess is that they wouldn't, for safety reasons. This being targeted as a family car and all...

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I'd take a set of Xenon Headlights :)

or possibly Dodge could start a new marketing campaign: "Buy a new intrepid and get a Twin Turbo set-up free" Now that would be the **** :eek:

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I don't know about the federal law and back windows going all the way down. But Fords Crown victoria back windows go all the way down :mad: . But if i could change on thing on my car it would be to replace the V6 with a V8. And "IF" i had a second thing to change it would be the rear speaker setup... B/C I can't hardly hear the the rear 6x9's. it's B/C of the thick padding on the rear dashboard. G :eek:

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Like David2376 said, If you look at the bottom of the back door, they can't go down all the way. The curvature of the bottom prevents it. The door line goes right through where the window would be in a fully down position

As for the Crown Vics...my Dad has one and it only goes down halfway also...different year? ;)

·
Registered
973 Posts
Man are you guys waaay off! The thing to change is the gearing! My R/T is good for something like 140 MPH, may never see that fast, but if the gear ratio were changed by like 10% the sucker would go 0-60 a bunch quicker and still go fast enough to qualify for perf tires. That's MY $.02

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am sure ya'll agree on this one, a higher quality paint job. Probably cup holders in the back and better brakes.
Robin

·
Registered
558 Posts
I agree with DON. Maybe boosting the low end torque so it pulls better from the start.
I find it quite sluggish for the first 5-6 seconds and those little ricers seem to putt-putt just fine off the mark.
That is what I would change!!
Oh, you asked whay else? Well for 520 bucks, better speakers. Better clearcoat finish so it deosn't swirl as bad and besides everybody elses comments thats it.
Oh well, that is more than just only 1.

Danny
CapitalCity RT

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Add overhead console on R/T as well as auto air on R/T. I would have paid an extra $300 or so for both. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts