DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Updated April 22, 2007
gonna post the pics in the morning of the piece installed. Looks pretty good too, just wait!

I got my trep out of the garage after replacing my mode door actuator, just to let everyone know, you don't have to pull the dash out of the car to replace it, but I did it have to move part of it to reach back there. While I was putting the car back together I decided to try a "temporary" install on my center console... doesn't look bad does it... reason I say "temporary" is because I'm gonna take Ross's advice and I'm gonna rip into the carpet and run the vent under the carpet so I'll have air blowing out the vents.

in case you're wondering, yes I know the piece for the floor shifter isn't there. It's actually being fiberglassed at the moment by my buddy Charles. i gotta admit, I drove the car on the highway today and it felt weird being confined to a corner as composed to before. Love it though.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,476 Posts
So Dru...you're going to keep the column shifter for now and change to floor shift in the future? Or are you going to keep the column shifter? Either way it'll be interesting to see the custom cover for the section between the dash and console. Looking good!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,476 Posts
MuTT said:
I'm so confused, can someone tell me what I'm supposed to be looking at???....lol
"While I was putting the car back together I decided to try a "temporary" install on my center console... doesn't look bad does it..."

That might point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Phuckin Phil said:
I find the diamond plate floor covering more interesting. Is that metal?
Yeah thats real diamond plate. Works good for days like today, its pouring down rain and one of my friends got in with his muddy feet and the diamond plate saved the dirt from getting on the carpet...

Ronbo said:
So Dru...you're going to keep the column shifter for now and change to floor shift in the future? Or are you going to keep the column shifter? Either way it'll be interesting to see the custom cover for the section between the dash and console. Looking good!
I would love to change it to a floor shifter but I dunno if I wanna tackle all that, even though if people saw what the car looked like when I got it compared to now cnsidering I've done all the modding myself you'd be surprised.

MuTT said:
I'm so confused, can someone tell me what I'm supposed to be looking at???....lol
I'm kind of glad you didn't notice anything cause I'm redoing the interior. I had bench seats front and back cloth until I got my leather seats and changed them to buckets (which I bet Dodgaholic knows) is a pain in the ass! I am currently installing my center console which also is a pain in the ass to do.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
lol I went to the Dodge dealership today to get a screw for my radio, the part that connects to the back to dim when he headlights come on (which they don't have!) and one of the guys that works there walks by and looks inside the car. He asked me, "I've worked for Dodge for over twenty years and never have I seen a column shift intrepid with bucket seats and center console like this..." My response, "Apparently you haven't been to Dodgeintrepid.net."

by the way, if you're wondering where the diamond plate came from... I dunno how well any of you guys surf cardomain.com and search Dodge Intrepids but Anthony on there had a 2000 Dodge Intrepid he PIMPED the HELL out of.. he sold the car but still had the diamond plated floor mats...

which he was trying to sell for almost a year when I hit him up and asked about them and he sold them to me. He told me he got them custom made but can get me more if I want, I just haven't had a chance to email him anymore.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Would you be able to see if you could get a couple sets of the floor mats made? I have been looking around for a set for a while and can't find anything. The closest thing are a set on ebay for a 300M. Those should be able to fit a 2nd gen huh.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah they should work. bimmer2002 was wanting me to find out too but finding his email is a pain. lol I'm gonna ask him about it.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Lookin' good Dru :thumbsup:

Even if it's a big task, the floor shifter is pretty sweet :p

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm kind of glad you didn't notice anything cause I'm redoing the interior. I had bench seats front and back cloth until I got my leather seats and changed them to buckets (which I bet Dodgaholic knows) is a pain in the ass! I am currently installing my center console which also is a pain in the ass to do.

ohhhhhhhh, lol...okay thanx, i wasnt being an ass, i just didnt know they came with benches or without center consoles, everything looked normal to me except that column shifter.....looks good !!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
i knew you weren't being an ass. It's all good. Yea they actually did make it with bench seats. I didn't know this either. Didn't even know a 2.7L existed, i was so used to driving the 3.2L Dodge Intrepid. I used to drive my sisters all the time.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
silver&gold said:
Interesting. That is kind of the direction I want to go as well. Only I don't want the section with the shifter. As long as I have the arm rest I will be good to go.

I just looked at your sig page... yeah it would be badass if you had a center console in it. My car was just like yours on the inside... I'm gonna finsh that console, add a six disc changer, rb1 unit, and want to add a woodgrain interior to it.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,476 Posts
Hey Dru...The Heating/Cooling ducts are under the carpet for the center console? I'm just checking as I've never removed the console and thought they were part of the console. Guess I need to take a closer look at that 300m Special Console I have in storage! Might still do the 300m Special on the 2002 R/T now that I have a 2nd car. Thanks for providing some of the answers to these changeover questions.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well for me they are. On yours its attached to the console. My current ones are "under" the carpet as I have to cut the floor to remove them... the ones are connected to the console like you originally thought.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The fact that my car is a column shifter, it actually made a lot of normal things, for floor shifter intrepids easy, while for column shifter intrepids hard. My seats wouldn't line up correctly, because the hump would not allow enough clearance for the bolts closest to the hump to go in correctly, which I had to modify with a hammer to bang into shape to make it fit. Also, the center console originally sat higher than it was suppose to due to my vents being under the carpet. The hump actually sits higher than the hump on regular intrepids... thought I'd shine some light on it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts