DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've raced alot of power V8s and beat them. I recently smoked a Datona Charger. I beat some dude in a Shelby Mustang, 2 weeks ago I beat a SS Camaro, I was hanging in there with a SRT Charger, I smoked a 97 Z28. All these drivers had their throttle wide open and I still gave them competition in my ES. Has anybody else dusted these cars in their Intrepid?

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,520 Posts
Hahahaha....a bit far fetched for an ES to be any kind of a match to any of those cars--- if you really did beat them they didnt know how to drive thier cars, or they werent racing you.

I smoked a delta 88 in my diesel cutlass once.....

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,616 Posts
Hahahaha....a bit far fetched for an ES to be any kind of a match to any of those cars--- if you really did beat them they didnt know how to drive thier cars, or they werent racing you.

I smoked a delta 88 in my diesel cutlass once.....
Um..... I smoked An>>>> oh yeah, um I smoked a Scion XB

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I think our cars are a little more powerful than that
I dont know what he had done to it, but when I brought my Trep down to the strip, one of them beat me. Albeit, not by much. Maybe a few tenths. He didn't appear to be a typical ricer so I am guessing it wasn't stock.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I dont know what he had done to it, but when I brought my Trep down to the strip, one of them beat me. Albeit, not by much. Maybe a few tenths. He didn't appear to be a typical ricer so I am guessing it wasn't stock.
The 08's came with 158HP, and the older ones came with 103HP!!!! There is no way in hell that thing didnt have crazy extensive engine work done!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
The 08's came with 158HP, and the older ones came with 103HP!!!! There is no way in hell that thing didnt have crazy extensive engine work done!
Those things are light as hell though. And I mean light, not light for a van. The early ones were 2400 lbs.and the 08's are 3100-3200 IIRC. I dont remember whether it was the new or the old one. I think it was the new one tho. And it mighta been a stick. But again, I dont remember.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it would have been about 200 lbs lighter then me, and if it had a stick, it probably would have won. But not by much. Just like it happened.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Those things are light as hell though. And I mean light, not light for a van. I dont remember whether it was the new or the old one. I think it was the new one tho. And it mighta been a stick. But again, I dont remember.
Well, my old saturn weighed a little over 2,000 pounds, and it had a dohc with 130hp and a 5-speed, short shifter, and air intake. My trep is still faster by 2 seconds to 60!!!!! And I knew how to drive that thing!!!! I smoked a few unsuspecting cars with that car!! Treps woop those cars though... I see your point though... I just really feel that treps have an upper hand (hp/torque) unless those little boxes have some work done!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I've raced alot of power V8s and beat them. I recently smoked a Datona Charger. I beat some dude in a Shelby Mustang, 2 weeks ago I beat a SS Camaro, I was hanging in there with a SRT Charger, I smoked a 97 Z28. All these drivers had their throttle wide open and I still gave them competition in my ES. Has anybody else dusted these cars in their Intrepid?
lurk moar

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
:bsflag:

Even when turbo rob had his car running great he couldnt keep up with those, don't try and convince me a 3.5 could hold it's own against any of them

If your car is that fast let's see a timesip or a dyno proving it

·
Registered
739 Posts
I dont know why everyone dogs the 3.5 so much, Ive raced locally on the weekends around here in the abandoned industrial area we have, and Im 9 - 0. Given I only go to view, I never ask anyone out, but when someone begins to talk crap, I go in. I dont mind losing, but I do mind letting people talk crap. Ive raced an SRT4, a turbo K20 civic, turbo RSX TypeS, Acura TL Type S, Acura TL [non-S], Subaru WRX, a Hyundai Santa Fe, and some random civics/integras.

Given none of those were super cars [A la supra, porsche, evo, vette, some big V8s] but they all were a challenge. Maybe I just get lucky? Maybe the driver sucks?

Wins a win...

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Were you the only one who knew you were racing? Any one of those cars can smoke our cars at part throttle.

Don't get me wrong, I like these cars but you have to realize their limitations. I know a bunch of people here have made some mods to pep these things up, some have made a lot of mods and they are likely much quicker than they were. Regardless of the mods, these are not drag cars, they are big and heavy and comfortable road cars.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts