DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
buschman had probably the NICEST 1st gen ive ever seen and i was just realizing that he hasnt been here in forever. does anyone know what happened to him or has anyone talked to him? i think he was before my time here, but either way, i really admire his car.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Ahhh... the guy with the sweet looking 1st gen. If memory serves me correct he went to school at the Univ. of Maryland College Park. Ya know, I'm not sure what ever happened to him.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hey guys I'm still here. Unfortunately, when you have an Intrepid and a Supercharged firehawk, the hawk gets more modding attention. I still love my trep. People are always getting pissed at me cause my beater is as nice as my hotrod. :) I'm on the dodge intrpeid e-group and still post there. But I'll try and swing by every now and again to have some fun with you guys. i'm always open for questions and I'm a dodge guy at heart so you'll have to forgive me getting the pontiac :p Least I bought American. :bigsmile:

Mike

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Still the best looking first-gen on the road budy. :)

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I agree..............he has the best looking first gen on the road...........that and Trepid2xist's new owner :(

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
buschman said:
Hey guys I'm still here. Unfortunately, when you have an Intrepid and a Supercharged firehawk, the hawk gets more modding attention. I still love my trep. People are always getting pissed at me cause my beater is as nice as my hotrod. :) I'm on the dodge intrpeid e-group and still post there. But I'll try and swing by every now and again to have some fun with you guys. i'm always open for questions and I'm a dodge guy at heart so you'll have to forgive me getting the pontiac :p Least I bought American. :bigsmile:

Mike

Your trep isn't American nor is your Firehawk. They were both produced in Canada.

The CAW here is doing a big push to only buy Canadian made cars and trucks. They are saying that anything made in the U.S. and not Canada is an import. The "Dead Meat" campaign. They say any one buying a Non Canadian made car is dead meat to them. The funny thing is Hondas and Toyotas are made here but are not liked because they are not CAW plants.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
buschman said:

Mike
Wow, Buschman still has the Intrepid, holy crap! On a side note, I saw that Procharged 'Hawk takes on the nitrous early C4, and that line "you don't want none of this," oh man, what a classic. That's an awesome video!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
adaptabl said:
Your trep isn't American nor is your Firehawk. They were both produced in Canada.

The CAW here is doing a big push to only buy Canadian made cars and trucks. They are saying that anything made in the U.S. and not Canada is an import. The "Dead Meat" campaign. They say any one buying a Non Canadian made car is dead meat to them. The funny thing is Hondas and Toyotas are made here but are not liked because they are not CAW plants.
I'm not a big fan of unions, but I have to defend then when someone accused them with inaccurate statements. The CAW went on a "Buy Domestic" compaign. Support North American Based companies is basically what they were saying. Purchasing an car that was built overseas is not good for the union, and buying a car that was built here, and partly designed overseas, and or, where the profits go overseas is no good. This is the basics of their campaign.

BTW, Sebrings, Intrepids, Caravan's, you name it, were designed using companies in both US AND Canada. Chrysler does quite a big of designing at CTC (in Michigan) and at their Rhodes Drive Research Center affilliated with University of Windsor.

Regardless of where the car is built (Canada or US) the money is continuing to support CHRYSLER (or GM or Ford) and their research and development of future cars that satisfies our needs and expectations and the revenue generated stays in our Continent.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
adaptabl said:

You of all people being Canadian should know that American includes Canada.

I hate getting into these arguements :(

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Stock04Intrepid said:
I'm not a big fan of unions, but I have to defend then when someone accused them with inaccurate statements. The CAW went on a "Buy Domestic" compaign. Support North American Based companies is basically what they were saying. Purchasing an car that was built overseas is not good for the union, and buying a car that was built here, and partly designed overseas, and or, where the profits go overseas is no good. This is the basics of their campaign.

BTW, Sebrings, Intrepids, Caravan's, you name it, were designed using companies in both US AND Canada. Chrysler does quite a big of designing at CTC (in Michigan) and at their Rhodes Drive Research Center affilliated with University of Windsor.

Regardless of where the car is built (Canada or US) the money is continuing to support CHRYSLER (or GM or Ford) and their research and development of future cars that satisfies our needs and expectations and the revenue generated stays in our Continent.

Wrong. They don't want you to buy a Nissan built in the U.S. and designed in Califonia because it is not built in Canada. They say its O.K. to buy a Chevy Optra(a rebadged Daewoo) built and designed in Korea because it has a Chevy nameplate or PT Cruiser built in Mexico because it has a Chrysler nameplate. A 300C with its Mexican built Hemi engine is O.K even though profits go to Germany.

The whole Union thing is a joke. Its a world market and the Unions can't compete with its overpriced labour and non-competative work rules. The next big cost cutting move by the big two and Chrysler is to outsource assembly from the union plants.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Yes it is a joke. People who bust but assembling cars should be paid minimum wage while Computer geeks that only measure the productivity of others get six figure salaries.

Makes sense to me.

For what it is worth I try to buy American because I am proud to be an American. (North American) Mexico, USA and Canada are full partners in so far as I am concerned.

The lines unfortunately ARE blurring. I find that as sad as the wholesale breakdown of morality and the American family.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
DScruggs said:
Yes it is a joke. People who bust but assembling cars should be paid minimum wage while Computer geeks that only measure the productivity of others get six figure salaries.

Makes sense to me.

For what it is worth I try to buy American because I am proud to be an American. (North American) Mexico, USA and Canada are full partners in so far as I am concerned.

The lines unfortunately ARE blurring. I find that as sad as the wholesale breakdown of morality and the American family.
It supply and demand. Call centers in India. Assembly plants in Mexico. Disney items from China. Labour is a resource and prices should be set by supply and demand not the unions. I always try to buy north american (if the quality is good and the prices are right). I do love my north american car.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Geez :crazy: .............another flaming fest. Once a thread trying to find out where a member went now turned into something totally way off base. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
adaptabl said:
Wrong. They don't want you to buy a Nissan built in the U.S. and designed in Califonia because it is not built in Canada. They say its O.K. to buy a Chevy Optra(a rebadged Daewoo) built and designed in Korea because it has a Chevy nameplate or PT Cruiser built in Mexico because it has a Chrysler nameplate. A 300C with its Mexican built Hemi engine is O.K even though profits go to Germany.

The whole Union thing is a joke. Its a world market and the Unions can't compete with its overpriced labour and non-competative work rules. The next big cost cutting move by the big two and Chrysler is to outsource assembly from the union plants.
All Chrysler profits now to go germany, regardless of the vehicle purchased. DCX (as well as other companies) will be looking to outsource vehicle assembly by having greater and greater subassembly thus reducing union size.

A lot of unions are overpriced labour, but considering the former Chrysler CEO salary compared to the new DaimlerChrysler CEO salary, a lot of Chrysler's money, could have been better spent elsewhere.

Although it's the union that's preventing Chrysler from competing in the world market (although, they certainly don't help). The idea of a Union is good on paper, but, as we all know, what looks good on paper, doesn't always work out in the real world.

As for me, I look at more then "where was the vehicle built". For example, Nissan, after suing Uzi Nissan for owning Nissan.com, and bullying him to give it up, should have been severly repremanded for their childish actions. I for one, refuse to buy Nissan.

Chrysler currently doesn't offer a 2-door 5-speed coupe in Canada. The Stratus R/T (available in the states with the 3.0L and 5-speed or "slap-stick automatic") is simply not brought over here because Chrysler is exercising their "cost-cutting" ignorance. What they don't understand, is that they are losing customers that way.

When a car company comes along, with decent quality, reasonable price, and what I'm looking for in a vehicle, regardless of where the vehicle is built, I will seriously consider buying it.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
tx2002intrep said:
Geez :crazy: .............another flaming fest. Once a thread trying to find out where a member went now turned into something totally way off base. :rolleyes:
Welcome to dodgeintrepid.net

We always go off topic, and hijacked threads occur all the time.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Stock04Intrepid said:
All Chrysler profits now to go germany, regardless of the vehicle purchased. DCX (as well as other companies) will be looking to outsource vehicle assembly by having greater and greater subassembly thus reducing union size.

A lot of unions are overpriced labour, but considering the former Chrysler CEO salary compared to the new DaimlerChrysler CEO salary, a lot of Chrysler's money, could have been better spent elsewhere....

...Chrysler currently doesn't offer a 2-door 5-speed coupe in Canada. The Stratus R/T (available in the states with the 3.0L and 5-speed or "slap-stick automatic") is simply not brought over here because Chrysler is exercising their "cost-cutting" ignorance. What they don't understand, is that they are losing customers that way.

When a car company comes along, with decent quality, reasonable price, and what I'm looking for in a vehicle, regardless of where the vehicle is built, I will seriously consider buying it.

I agree with that much of what you said. Those "cost cutting" exersises really almost lose me as a customer in the future. The little things is what I look for at new cars. On my mom's 2004, when you compare it to say a 2000 Intrepid, The qualtiy of the parts isnt nearly as good. No trunk liner, no carpet/cloth on the door panels, no autostick, no door emblems, the underhood paint coverage sucks a big cock, mold lines in the plastic. (yeah i'm prety anal.) But look at Avengers wheels even, thats another sideeffect of "cost-sutting" measures... Its sad all in all.

On another note, it cool to see buschman is alive. Also before my time but that isnt just the nicest 1st gen around, IMO its the nicest Intrepid period, around. Very very nice.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts