DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so currently I have a 200km 300m cluster in my trep. Was thinking of upgrading to 240km cluster.

I'm wondering what I need. PCM under the hood? BCM at junction block? New SKIMM? my car already has SKIMM

would the donor car that has the 240/150 cluster have a premium BCM?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,860 Posts
Won't need anything besides the Special cluster. I know there have been a few that have installed Special clusters in SE cars as a direct swap. It was a direct swap when I put one in my 2002 R/T.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool... was also looking into adding speed steering so I know I need a premium BCM for that... would anyone happen to have a PN for 2002-04 Premium BCM (JLK) can't seem to find one in my part number list. If I swap the BCM do I need to grab new SKIMM? or can I just use my old one?

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
The BCM is a direct swap. The two issues you will have are your millage will change to what's in the BCM already and you will now have the factory alarm system. I say that's a bad thing because (although not a huge deal) if you lock the car with the RKE remote and unlock it with the ignition key, it will set the alarm off. The 300M's and other LH's that had factory alarm had sentry key sensors in the door(s) and trunk to make sure a sentry key is being used to open the door.

The Special cluster is a direct swap, especially since you already have traction/ABS. Your only problem might be if the car that the cluster came from had side airbags, you'd get a light. I have a few spare clusters if you're interested.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The seats I got from you have the side airbags in them so in theory I could just hook them up?

Also I don't use the factory RKE's I have aftermarket ones that I use because of my remote starter so that shouldn't be an issue either. (although it does have a wire that will disable the alarm and arm it when I use the fob.. just have to run the wire and install a resistor.. )

PM me price for clusters and do you have any BCM's

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
The seats I got from you have the side airbags in them so in theory I could just hook them up?

Also I don't use the factory RKE's I have aftermarket ones that I use because of my remote starter so that shouldn't be an issue either. (although it does have a wire that will disable the alarm and arm it when I use the fob.. just have to run the wire and install a resistor.. )

PM me price for clusters and do you have any BCM's
The side airbag function is a bit more involved than that. The way the car knows if it has side airbags or not is by the car's VIN programmed into the PCM.

You'll have to hook up the alarm deactivation wires on your remote start module to the car to make things work properly.

I'll PM you in a bit.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,860 Posts
Sentry key sensors in the doors? Aren't they just switches that sense the door lock cylinder has moved via key? If they were some type of sensor looking for a Sentry key then they would have to have an antennae just like the hoop around the ignition switch.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
It could be just the switches that sense the key turning the doors. I remember when I swapped out trunk lids for one from an SE. I noticed that the SE trunk lid's wiring harness had wires missing compared to my SXT. Turns out the SE didn't have sentry key while my SXT did. Ross then further explained to me that cars with alarm systems had extra sensors in the doors so that the system knows it's not an intruded that just broke the window and opened the doors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts