DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having a hard time finding a good 3.5 in the yard.
but i have no intentions on slaming it in i want to rebuild and stroke it.

·
Registered
715 Posts
for what you want to do, you need a 3.5. the 3.2 is exactly the same, slightly different cams, but the problem is the 3.2 is a different bore... and these engines have cast iron cylinder sleeves.

but, you could end up with the first 3.6 ever built. actually a nice and square cylinder, 92 bore x 91 stroke. and you would avoid the issues with the pcm being able to handle the extra half liter of a 4.0

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
You really need a 3.5 block to keep down the expense. The 3.5 block has the same bore as the 4.0 piston so you save money on not having the block bored. Of course you could go with a 4.00" bore and the 4.0L crank and make a 4.6L....that would be sweeet but pricey!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You really need a 3.5 block to keep down the expense. The 3.5 block has the same bore as the 4.0 piston so you save money on not having the block bored. Of course you could go with a 4.00" bore and the 4.0L crank and make a 4.6L....that would be sweeet but pricey!
im trying to follow and not lead. i need smart people like you to tell (dumb) people like me what to do.

I grasp the large strokes (pun intended) but some small details always throw monkey wrenches..

my poor baby's been sitting far too long she needs to roll on her own again.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
My next experiment, with the block I have that has a scratched bore, I'm thinking of doing the 4 inch bore liners.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts