DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help Required,

Tell me one thing. I have 2013 model Toyota corolla and my car is not giving me a good mileage on petrol. Why..... How can I increase my car fuel average?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have had several 3.5L Intrepids, LHS's and they all get 22+ mpg in mixed driving. My LHS would regularly get 25+mpg, in fact judging from the OTIS, it seemed like the faster I went the better mileage I got. I never cruised over 90mph, but you could actually watch the mileage improve while driving on the Interstate with cruise engaged. Now, my 02 Intrepid cop cars w/3.5L can get 24-25mpg hiway, too, but it seems to be more of a chore for them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
regarding your poor mileage, you really need to calculate it from fuel used and mileage travelled. The fuel gauge is not accurate enough to draw any conclusions.
You may have brakes dragging, so after driving pull over somewhere safe and with your finger feel the wheels to see if they are abnormally warm or even hot. They should only be lukewarm, unless you were fleeing from the cops.
I've had a fuel line split on one of my Treps, so smell for leaks, and be aware that it can be hard to see a fine spray from a cracked line, sometimes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
2002 Intrepid R/T 3.5 with 165000 miles (265000km)

Daily city driving I get 16-18 MPG (depending on time of year)

Long highway drives at 60-65mph I get 23-25mpg

21 - 26 of 26 Posts