DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to know, what's up with these new dashes that they are coming out with, in these new car's. I mean, why put the speedometer/tachometer assembly in the center of the dash like these:

2007 Toyota Yaris interior

2006 Saturn Ion interior

2006 Nissan Quest interior

·
Registered
997 Posts
need you forget the new civic?

they all look to space aged and retarded.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nathan Clarke said:
need you forget the new civic?

they all look to space aged and retarded.
Well, Honda left it in front of the driver, what's with them in the center.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I don't understand it either, I used to drive my buddies Ion when we were in Vegas and that damn car nearly got me killed several time while I was trying to see the speedometer. I don't like taking my eyes off the road and I couldn't judge my speed by the tranny... so I had to compromise... look at the speedometer and nearly kill people... Stupid designers and their stupid ideas... :gun:

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
The speedometer/cluster positioning is a cost cutting measure so manufacturers don't need to produce a LHD and a RHD model. It costs more to make 2 different dashboards. So they make 1 dashboard, and tilt the cluster to the side they need it to face. I remember when Toyota advertised how it's a much better design, and thought in my head BULLSHIT, they're trying to save money with a less intuitive design.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Throw ergonomics out the window and replace them with economics.
I bet these will be a hit with "gangsta" drivers as they drive with contorted torsos and their heads along the center axis of the car anyway.

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
No you didn't

DesertCruiser said:
I bet these will be a hit with "gangsta" drivers as they drive with contorted torsos and their heads along the center axis of the car anyway.

Hey hey that one hit home.......LOL
BTW if you do not like the way I drive stay off the sidewalk..... :gross_06:

And B4 anyone gets offended I am just joking although I do drive leaning like that from time to time.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Avenger said:
The speedometer/cluster positioning is a cost cutting measure so manufacturers don't need to produce a LHD and a RHD model. It costs more to make 2 different dashboards. So they make 1 dashboard, and tilt the cluster to the side they need it to face. I remember when Toyota advertised now it's a much better design, and thought in my head BULLSHIT, they're trying to save money with a less intuitive design.
Ding, ding, ding... get this man a cigar !!

We stamp/assemble the RHD dash panel (firewall) for the LE (Euro-LX). RHD Dash Panel w/brake booster, Toeboard ass'y and RHD battery retainer, all tooled up for very limited volumes and shipped to Graz, Austria. Not by any means a cheap endeavour.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts