DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heh. Took my 2.7L Intrepid up to the drag strip in Ottawa this weekend for a little fun. ( Went with the Ontario-Quebec Grand Prix club ) Put my car on the track to see what it could do.

This thing is completely stock, except for a K&N filter. So I went and pulled everything out of the trunk and even the floor mats in the cabin.

Here we go:

1. [email protected]
2. [email protected]
3. [email protected]

·
Registered
349 Posts
nice :) ... I got a 2.7l base as well. I noticed your times got a little worse with each run. I'm assuming because the engine was warmer causing the air intake to be a little warmer too? (among other reasons too probably). One of these days I'll take my car to seattle international raceway to do some runs... but I'll have to wait until I put a low restriction intake on and also take out the huge 100lb speakerbox in my trunk. It's all I have and it's a 15" sub. I originally got the box when I had a dakota with a canopy with a rubber boot between the back window and the canopy. I got the box to help weigh down the rear wheels for better traction. I'm sure there would be quite a difference taking that out. I've had it in there since I got my car so I don't really know what it feels like to drive without it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure they specifically got worse, the second run was acutally one of my friends taking it down the track. ( In exchange, I got to take his Grand Prix GTP down and pulled a 14.4 ) And on the last run, I tried putting the RPM's up to 2000 before taking my foot off the break ( as you may have noticed there really was no difference or I screwed it up )

I'm very curious how well the 2.7L takes to mods such as low restriction intake/exhaust. Or even maybe a turbocharger.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Man, it sure is nice to see another Intrepid owner going to the drag strip! You are the first other one that I've come across! I take my R/T out about once a month. I love it, lots of fun! Actually going to try my hands at auto-cross next month too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts