DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of yu that may have sold a set of rims and had to ship them how do you ship wheels and tires? boxes? shrink wrap? Ill be saling my magnum wheels but im not sure how i would ship them

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I've shipped and bought wheels, both times using boxes for each wheel. That was a mistake. Just cut out a piece of cardboard for the back and the front of the wheel and leave the tread exposed. That will be the cheapest and best way to ship them.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I would go to a wheel shop get proper sized boxes(they usually throw them out anyway)

tape them securly, mark 1/4, 2/4,/3/4,/4/4. so the shipper knows there 4 boxes .

If there are no tires on them !

·
Registered
265 Posts
be sure that you cover the face of the wheels with something soft and use the round cardboard cut outs leaving the tread of the tire exposed, thats how tire rack ships and is how i shipped when i ran my shop, but make sure u cover the face of the rims with something soft, if u dont u will get cardboard burn on the rims and have a very unhappy buyer. How much r u selling the rims for i am looking for a set of thouse....

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Why are you taking them off i've heard they are not safe in this application?
somethting about nuts and studs or whatever.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
When I shipped wheels to Code2medic, I cut out cardboard for the front and back, wrapped the wheel and tire with plastic wrap several times and then with clear packing tape, the guy at UPS said I should teach a class on how to do this, Code2 said they arrived in great condition.

Charles

·
Registered
494 Posts
I just shipped 4 17" chrome pt cruiser turbo wheels to minnesota with fed-ex and I boxed them all seperately....no tires, just wheels...each box weighed 28lbs and I got the maximum insurance I could...shipped them 3 day ground and it only cost me $93 total! They even picked em up from me at my house! No charge!

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
I'ld go with the padding on the wheels covered by cardboard circles. I've had them shipped to me that way, no problem. Don't forget, the box will add size to the package and possibly the price.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I sold my old premium wheels a while back. I made (2) packages, the wheels were facing eachother to protect the important surface. I then shipping strapped them together through the holes in the face in 3 spots. That locked them together, only touching on the lip of the rims. Then i shrink wrapped the hell out of them with a couple strips of tape. If you wanna save money, check out www.shipgreyhound.com
Found out about it from a guy at work...works well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts