DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you clean and maintain your wheel wells? I am always amazed when I see a daily driver in great shape, nice wheels and shiny tires with trashed wheel wells that stand out.
I have always cleaned the painted part of my wheel wells. I just recently started blasting them with the power washer then wiping down with a rag Even deep inside. Today I actually used Tire Black on them and they just dissapeared! All attention is now on my wheels and tires.

What do you think? Even with the brightness levels turned up it is still black in there.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
I was actually just looking in there today, and was thinking about maybe painting them black so I can wax them and keep them really clean (when I feel like it :)).

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
I use Adams invisible undercarriage spray, after spraying down and scrubbing 409 household cleaner. Normally do this, just before cleaning the rims and tires before a wash. You just spray it in there, rub it around, and the wells become bottomless pits.

I still prefer VRT's satin black to that greasy wet look on the tires.

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I know you do buddy, but it all cool. Plus, it really aint shiny in there with out much light. I am hoping for you to send me some Adams samples. While that aint likely, hoping for samples at Carlisle........The tires aint that shiny either. I did jack up the brightness on that photo to show the wells were still dark. I just like how the wetness also makes the tire look so black.
Dodgaholic said:
I use Adams invisible undercarriage spray, after spraying down and scrubbing 409 household cleaner. Normally do this, just before cleaning the rims and tires before a wash. You just spray it in there, rub it around, and the wells become bottomless pits.

I still prefer VRT's satin black to that greasy wet look on the tires.

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, its a new tire out by Goodyear. They are called GoodYear Royals. :sly: It is caused from pushing the lightness I guess. Cant see that color with the eye. (thank God, could you imagine? )LOL
Phuckin Phil said:
Thney look kinda purple to me Doug..

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Dudley said:
Yeah, its a new tire out by Goodyear. They are called GoodYear Royals. :sly: It is caused from pushing the lightness I guess. Cant see that color with the eye. (thank God, could you imagine? )LOL
:gay: :gay: :gay:

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I clean my wheel wells too!

But just with soap and water, polishing them is just too crazy for me. And I haven't got that kind of spare time............

tires?

Meguires tire dressing. Not too shinny and it lasts for weeks.

Cheers

BJ

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Great White said:
I clean my wheel wells too!

But just with soap and water, polishing them is just too crazy for me. And I haven't got that kind of spare time............

tires?

Meguires tire dressing. Not too shinny and it lasts for weeks.

Cheers

BJ
we see eye to eye on this one i just power blast the wheel well then rub meguire on the tire. im still amazed when i notice myself trying to wash the meguires off 2 weeks later at the car wash only to go home and put it right back on. lol
i really does last weeks. in all weather too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts