DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, whats with our wheel sizes?
I want a wide tire [255/45r17] but I cant seem to find very many wheels [rims] that work.
I see plenty that are 17x7, 17x7.5 but not many 17x8, or 17x8.5

any suggestions?

Im looking for something under $200 a wheel
I found some awesome Momo's in the right size, but there too much.

It seems our size isnt that common...

Opinions? suggestions?

·
Registered
131 Posts
the 8 or 8.5 would fit cause we dont get much room under our fender wells. i went with the 300m wheels and the bearly fit in there! and they are 7.5 width.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I just bagged a set of 300m wheels for mine. I was wrapping them with 245/45/17's.
I found my wheels on E-bay (350 for a set of 4!) Do some searching on there, there's always all kinds of stuff on that site.
I think 255's may be too wide, I'm not entirely sure though.....

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just to let you guys know an 8" rim will fit on our cars. I have 17"x8" on my LHS and they don't rub at all. As long as you have the right offset an 8" rim will fit, and it will look oh so good...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Intrepid99, Nope, I got the Silver ones. Not much into chrome. The chromies were almost 2x as much!

Hey Kilrfx! You coming to the meet on sunday????

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, thanx guys for the info.

About the fit, I remember someone posted a message that 255 is the widest tire that fits, but it DOES fit.

And back to the offset? anyone know what it needs to be?

The 300m wheel idea is cool, but I have a 1st gen for one, and dont think they would match well, and im really into the 5/7 spoke racing stle look, or something like buschman's wheels.

anyone have any brands I should check?

offset?

·
Registered
69 Posts
The offset that you need with a 17"x8" is 5". As for the get together on Sunday, I really wanted to make it but I will not be able to. I was really hoping to get out of a prior engagement to meet you guys but I am stuck with helping somebody. Hopefully there will be another get together and I will be able to make it next time.

If you put a 255/45 on your car you are going to have to roll the lips on the wheel well. I have 245/45 and I had to roll the lips so they wouldn't rub.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts