DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering, could 22s fit on intrepids, mine is 2001, and if so, does there have to be any modification done?

·
Registered
619 Posts
You'd probably want to get a new suspension if you did, im not sure if they'll fit without it being raised though. Either way i think you'd be better off with 20's.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah I think you should stick with 20s. I've seen a few treps with 22s and it looks awful.

I275, I have the exact same intrepisas you. Same color everything. I will post up pics as soon as I make it back to the states.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
they fit. you'll need good shocks though. it was on rolling around in my town with 22's and all he said was done to his was new shocks, oem springs, a little sanding the wheel well and no rub. unfortunately he totaled it a month later.

this question was asked a few times before in the prefom/mod 2nd gen forum.

a mod might move this there as it has nothing to do with cleaning products.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,132 Posts
Hmm..all Intrepids came with struts on all 4 corners. Hope when you say shocks you actually meant struts because none of the LH cars have shocks. And as far as "good" struts you don't have much choice. Either OEM from the dealer or KYB in the aftermarket and that's about it. Not sure where the "good" comes into play here.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Ronbo said:
Hmm..all Intrepids came with struts on all 4 corners. Hope when you say shocks you actually meant struts because none of the LH cars have shocks. And as far as "good" struts you don't have much choice. Either OEM from the dealer or KYB in the aftermarket and that's about it. Not sure where the "good" comes into play here.
yes i meant struts. :fun_27: and "good" meaning not sagging, not in need of replacement.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
youll need a 255-30-22 tire..research the price of those and then tell me if you want 22's

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Nitto was the only company that made a tire of that size for a bit. Since there have been a few others that were cheaper but you are right they are still up there in price.

·
Registered
268 Posts
22 will fit just fine and if you want to be safe go and get a lift kit from the local Auto parts store. The kit is very simple to install. I have 22's on a 02 special

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Mill1978 said:
22 will fit just fine and if you want to be safe go and get a lift kit from the local Auto parts store. The kit is very simple to install. I have 22's on a 02 special
whats the cost of the average lift kit?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts