DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like if the light is red and I start coming to stop but the I hit the gas to go the tranny jerks you or maybe bumps you not sure how to say it. It just to bump shift when I came to stops but got the tranny flushed and filled and a new filter and it stoped that but now Ive got this problem. Is it starting to go?
95,300miles

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Mine does that too and I'm pretty sure my tranny is still in good shape. It seems to me like I start to take off while the transmission is downshifting and it gets caught between gears for a second. It usually only happens when I've been going along in 4th gear and then slow down to a near stop but don't stop completely and then accellerate again.

·
Registered
98 Posts
you have to go to to dealer and get the tranny settings redone anytime you change the fluid or top up you have to get it done my did the same thing 2003 sebring

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
mani said:
you have to go to to dealer and get the tranny settings redone
Use caution with this decision. I had mine reprogrammed and I'm not sure if it's worth the trade off.

Basically you car is downshifting to first. Torqueless wonders like our cars need first for starting off from a dead stop and from 2 or 3 mph.

They will program it like an older car which generally has more torque off idle and a higher first gear.

After a reprogram your car will wait until it's at a complete dead stop before going back to first. If you slow for a rolling stop, you'll be accelerating from 2nd.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Sounds like a bump shift to me. My 95 did that like crazy when I first got it. I took it to the dealer for a trans fluid change, and a TCM flash and software upgrade. Now, you can barely notice the bumpshift. Before it was a good clunk. Now, you might be able to hear a slight buzz and thats it. I'll get a bumpshift when stoping fast, and from what I hear, its normal for it to do that. The trans has 101K on it, and it will probabily be needed to be replaced in the future. The service guys said the trans in the car now should be good for a while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts