DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jack Roush has championships in the Busch Series and Craftsman Truck Series, but has four runner-up finishes in the Winston Cup Series. Credit: Autostock
Q&A: Jack Roush
By Dave Rodman, Turner Sports Interactive April 4, 2003
4:27 PM EST (2127 GMT)

TALLADEGA, Ala. -- Since he formed his initial NASCAR Winston Cup team with driver Mark Martin that began competing in the 1988 season, Jack Roush has been a dynamic force behind a racing and marketing conglomerate that encompasses more than 2,000 employees.

Roush, owner of five Winston Cup Ford Tauruses driven by Mark Martin, Jeff Burton, Matt Kenseth, Kurt Busch and Greg Biffle; the Busch Series Taurus driven by Stanton Barrett; the Craftsman Truck Series Ford F-150s driven by Jon Wood and Carl Edwards, recently answered questions that included his teams' start to the 2003 season, Kurt Busch's outspokenness and the advent of Toyota coming to NASCAR's national series.

Would you say it's a good start to the season, having the top two cars in the point standings?

I think it's been a good start to the season. I'm really excited about what's gonna happen as we move along.

Matt Kenseth has led the standings for three weeks. Credit: Autostock
I was really anxious to start, given that I basically feel that we're racing 1997 Fords against 2003 Pontiacs, Chevrolets and Dodges.

The Dodge got a significant revision to their nose when we got strictly a cosmetic thing on the part that was below the bumper and without a functional opportunity at all.:confused:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts