DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to when everyones governor kicks in...

Last time I checkd I think it was 115 and I was in third gear. Is that possible or was I just seeing things?
:confused:

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
My governer NEVER kicks in =). I LOVE my 2002 R/T!!!.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
yep right at 120, it forsure has the power to do more..

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mine kicks in at 190 km/h. That works out to be 118.75mph.
I've got the 2.7L and it still wants more too

·
Registered
407 Posts
What governor? I hit 120 and the car wanted more, I backed off because I didn't want to hit a deer or get nailed by a cop (not to mention moving at that speed is rather scary).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Isn't it amazing the looks you get when you blow by someone?? Especially when they're pushing their car right to the limit!!

Nuthin' quite like running beside someone at about 180/190 Km/h..... and just when you see his governor kick-in you let loose and leave him behind! :)

You can almost see them pushing their gas pedal right through the floor in the hopes of getting a little extra...
:D

·
Registered
328 Posts
Well, GR8WHT was up to 145mph (233kph) and was stable and smooth! Good road (closed) and a radar run!

So no governer!

·
Registered
973 Posts
OK, GR8WHT and others will get a chuckle while another group will just think I'm nuts and that I've wasted a non-governed car. Here on Guam the legal speed limit is 35mph with 2 short stretches of 45mph - really short like about a mile! So I've seen in excess of 100mph a few times but NO chance of "blowing past" a governed car. But I do get up to the speed limit (and no more, of course!) pretty fast. Enjoy your speed runs, one day I too will be back on the mainland so watch out!

·
Registered
56 Posts
CapCity, in the west side... near Ikea.... you???

:)

·
Registered
558 Posts
BradC

Hunt Club area, east of Bank.
See you're self-employed as well. Only way to go in this city these days.

Welcome to Dodgeintepid.net

Danny
Capitalcity R/T
01 Black R/T

·
Registered
42 Posts
i live in new jersey ,my governor is jim mcgrevey and i don't want to know when he kicks in. LOL :gross_06:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts