DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I'd stick this in General because everyone looks in here first, anyway.

Whilst mine has not broken (thank god), if it ever does, you have two options (IMHO).

1. Hole-saw your hood above the latch to open it.

2. Have some really fancy slim-jim or coat hanger device to reach up under the car in front and release the hood latch.

I've been pondering this for a long time, as when I take my headlight covers off every night, I can't help to think about as the car gets older, the cable does too. And then the lever will 'pop' and the hood won't, hehe.

Has anyone ever given this situation any thought when you can't get your hood open?

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
buy a new car :p .....ive never really thought about it but it sure would suck if that happend :(

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I can never say I have ever imagined that happining. in fact that is one of the last things I ever worry about.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Working at a tire\oil change shop, we have this quite a bit. Ususally ifyou can get under the car you can see where you need to grab with a pair of needle nose vise grips and pull. Once open you can route a coat hanger out under the car that you just pull til you get a chance to replace the cable.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Ok, uh huh, yeph, ok sounds like a cluster, ATFCharger needs to get a new car.

"so why did you get a new car?" Well my hood latch broke.

:)

Originally posted by jnutz:
Working at a tire\oil change shop, we have this quite a bit. Ususally ifyou can get under the car you can see where you need to grab with a pair of needle nose vise grips and pull. Once open you can route a coat hanger out under the car that you just pull til you get a chance to replace the cable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts