DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I moved my plate and removed my plate holder and now there are 3 holes where the plate holder was held on.......I need to find screw plugs to cover the holes and I'll just paint them to match. Think they'd have something at Home Depot???

Rob

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, I went out today to Home Depot and couldn't really find much. Ended up buying 3 bolts and screwed them in.......looks 100% better than 3 holes :)

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The plate is now hanging from the passenger side lowest crossmember, I like it, looks good......to me at least. Looks really rice :p Anyways this setup isn't for everybody as I can forsee in the future scraping the hell out of the bottom of the plate due to the fact it's only several inches from the ground :p I don't care though since the paint on the plate is peeling like hell.....after all the plate IS almost 2 years old now (WTF???) I went to the license office and they told me that the new plates are better than the old plates (again, WTF?). They told me if the plate is peeling like hell they will NOT replace it and I should just buy a new set for $20. (****ERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: )

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
You need to plug up those screw holes in your head first... why don't you post some pics because it sounds pretty stupid.

And BTW so how is this plate being illuminated? I think it's a law that it has to be.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
alderran said:
You need to plug up those screw holes in your head first... why don't you post some pics because it sounds pretty stupid.

And BTW so how is this plate being illuminated? I think it's a law that it has to be.
WOW, harsh! I however think it is you who needs to get the holes in your head plugged.........since when does a front plate need to be illuminated?????????? WTF???

The plate holder......and plate cover up the Intrepid's beautiful crosshair grille........there isn't really a dedicated license plate spot on the front of Intrepids so I thought I'd move it to be totally different! You NEVER see the middle of the crosshair grilles in Ontario due to all of the plate holders. Some states it's probably normal (those that don't require front plates), but here it's never seen! :D

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Re: Where can I find hole plugs to cover the license holder screw holes in the bumper?

Avenger said:
I moved my plate and removed my plate holder and now there are 3 holes where the plate holder was held on.......I need to find screw plugs to cover the holes and I'll just paint them to match. Think they'd have something at Home Depot???

Rob
Where does it say front plate? How am I supposed to know what you are thinking. Have you ever heard it takes one to know one? So I am not crazy so I don't know you :)

·
Registered
849 Posts
I had to replace several of the plastic moulding rivets that holds the air dam-spalsh guard thingy under the car. You can get the rivets at most parts stores -- should work for your application and should take paint well.:)

edit: you're [j/k] about the Honda Element? Aren't you?:(

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
concordia said:

edit: you're [j/k] about the Honda Element? Aren't you?:(
I PM'd him asking the same thing. I hope he's joking.

·
Registered
350 Posts
alderran said:

That is quite harsh. Is there a reason that you feel the need to attack Avenger like that? I think it sounds cool. I want to see pics too b/c it sounds interesting. I admire that he thought to do something different with his car. I am also impressed with his creativity to come up with something like this...so Rob, pass some pics around. And Alderran....maybe you should just take a deep breath and relax for just a second.

I for one never assumed that he was talking about anything other than his front plate but I don't know where I got that impression from. Good luck Rob with taking car of the holes.

Oh, and I too hope you didn't trade in your trep. It is really nice.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, if I had a digital cam that worked.......I would :p

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Cause only the front license plate has a "license plate holder" and is held on by 3 BOLTS.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts